What Email service do you use? Persnal or Mobile

vwarp

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
I just switched in the iCloud mail option in my iCloud settings. I am not fully with apple services. I have gmail and outlook account which forward to my iCloud account. Seems to be going well so far.

So what is your primary email service?

Do you use @mac, @me or @icloud as your primary email service..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Droidrage729

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: What Email service do you use?

Stock mail app for now until the mailbox app adds support for exchange accounts. I don't want to switch between the mail apps that's kind of pointless .

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I use iCloud as my main account, but I have several to play with.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site

I use Gmail for all my accounts. I use a combination of the stock email app and the Gmail app. I use the stock app for everyday reading and the gmail app for more in-depth sorting and such.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site

Also to add.....

Did you know Google reads through your Gmail before you do? Google?s business plan revolves around searching through your email to flag keywords so it can deliver you ads. That way it can support the free service that Gmail is. Not to pick on Google, because nearly every other free email service does the same. If you access your email from a web browser, you are mostly likely providing daily advertiser info culled from your correspondence.

I don?t have a huge problem with this, any web page does pretty much the same thing on commercial sites. But what if you want no ads? Suppose you just want to go in and read your mail without engaging in an advertising focus group? iCloud provides ad-free email. Not to over simplify, but Google uses Gmail to attract users with free software, so it can dive into your personal info and serve up ads.

Apple?s business model is mainly to sell you new hardware, and to provide free software services to make using and syncing that hardware a great user experience. So iCloud does not need to be ad supported. Again, nothing hugely wrong with ad supported free email services, but once you journey into iCloud?s clean ad-free web email, you may not go back.

KaterinaM

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site

Gmail and iCloud. They both are good for me. But I use more Gmail, may be it is just a matter of habit.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site

I use Gmail for everything. It's great and have never had a problem.

I also use the Mailbox app for iPhone. Really good app,IMO.

vwarp

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site

You most probably have an iCloud account. Go to www.icloud.com and check account settings. There you can also set up alias? instead of having various email accounts. I have since switched to iCloud entirely, on my phone and mac. It is nice.

fridayxiii

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site

@me.com/iCloud for personal
Gmail for personal/web signups
Yahoo! for fantasy sports signup
Corporate email for work & work only

FRoStYisGoD

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
used to use gmail/yahoo gmail being my main email, and yahoo for w/e. But going to switch now to outlook as having to many problems with gmail and contacts , plus google reading my email and all not a fan of that, even though I dont have anything to hide its the principle.

wendybeee

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Gmail for personal and Blogger ~ Hotmail for Twitter notifications and web signups ~ Outlook for work.
I should go for a 4th and try out iCloud especially after reading John Yester's post. Now that's an eye-opener !

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Gmail for personal and Blogger ~ Hotmail for Twitter notifications and web signups ~ Outlook for work.
I should go for a 4th and try out iCloud especially after reading John Yester's post. Now that's an eye-opener !

Can you forward your gmail to iCloud?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen