What are the statistics and demographics on the white vs. black iphones?

androidluvr2

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Just curious as to which color sells more and what the demographics are as to who buys which. I briefly searched for this info online but couldn't find it.

My guess is that black outsells white and that white is bought by a more predominantly female and younger age group.

androidluvr2

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
opposite here

I bought the white and in my late 40s....always had black phones so I wanted a little change
well not completely opposite as late 40s while not old, isn't the younger age group when it comes to phones. I would say younger age group was teens and 20 somethings. Heck, kids younger than teens have smartphones now.

phonejunky

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
I guess I would be the younger crowd, depending on what you consider young. I'm 26 and I've always purchased the white iPhone when the choice was given.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, I turn 50 in June and I have the black iPhone 5, and the 4S and 3G that I owned were also black. I find it more conservative and business-like, but that's Just Me, D...;)

androidluvr2

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Well, I turn 50 in June and I have the black iPhone 5, and the 4S and 3G that I owned were also black. I find it more conservative and business-like, but that's Just Me, D...;)
I think that is true for most - the black looks more conservative and business-like that is why I think it would have more appeal to the older age groups (> 30 yo).

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
The only white device I ever had was an iPod. I promptly sold that and got a black one when Apple first released them. I'm 28 and if your phone isn't black or brushed aluminum I'm not interested.

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I'd be interested to know if there's a demographical trend as well. I just picked up a white/silver iPod Touch 5th gen, but I was really contemplating the black/slate one. I can't really explain why I went for one over the other. I'm a 33 year old female. My best friend, a 29 year old male, has a white iPhone 5.

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
34 year old male

black iPhone
black iPad

Though, the phone is work issued so I didn't have a choice. But if I did, I would have chosen black anyway.

The iPad I got myself, but still chose black. I think the white bezel clashes and stands out too much from the darker screen. The black front bezel is just less conspicuous, less eye-grabbing.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
33, male with white iPhone 5...also had a white 3GS

cute-gay-love-pride-rainbow-Favim.com-237552.gif

Janey_G

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Almost late 40s female here with a white 4s and a white iPad 3. All my other phones have been black except for the pink BlackBerry Curve I had years ago.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW