How likely are you to buy another iPhone?

Likeliness of buying another iPhone

• Yes

Votes: 70 64.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 21 19.4%
  • No

Votes: 17 15.7%

• Total voters

ctdog

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I will buy another iPhone as long as the screen is bigger, if not I'll keep
my 5. I went from the 3GS to 3 days with the Note 2, then went back to IOS.
IOS, in my opinion, has the BEST selection of movies and TV shows, via iTunes and
Amazon Instant Video. Google Play had a lousy selection, and no native Amazon app for Android.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I'm getting closer everyday to saying no, the ancient, cluttered, non-user friendliness of the OS is just too much. The persistent battery issue's, freezes that require full restores (where even my backup somehow vanished and I lost literally years of various data) has me wondering if all the so-called problems with Android is nothing but BS. I'm tired of waiting for Apple to step out of 2007 when they never will, the only real problems I had when I had a Galaxy was it's build quality, and various minor issue's with android 4.0. All those issue's are gone with the HTC One which is aluminum like the iPhone, not a flimsy plastic toy like Samsung phones, it has a large battery, a super high dpi screen, and Jellybean.

Apple needs to wake up and stop thinking that once they sell you a phone THEY still own it, I strongly believe their mobile OS is now the worst in the industry, dead last, tell me about that so-called user experience as it takes me 5 steps to change a simple setting, or missing text messages because they still haven't added a proper status notification, or how I am forced to stop what I'm doing to reply to a text and then go back to what I was doing by having to repeatedly hit the overused and worn out home button. It's pretty bad when Blackberry has a new mobile OS that makes Apple's look like something out of the 90's, it's almost like if Microsoft had never updated Windows since the 95 days, but added a few small incremental tweaks over the years.

So the iPhone 5s and iOS 7 will have to be revolutionary once again, or as much I don't like to, no more iPhones for me.

You'll certainly be switching platforms then.

Apple did create this expectation of "revolutionary" but let's look at this for what it is. How revolutionary can the hardware be?
The reason, in my opinion, of why iOS 6 was a lackadaisical update as compared to iOS 5 is because iOS 5 really went
under the hood. Apple put more time and energy into ridding themselves of the Google lenience on iOS for iOS 6. I expect
some kind of jump like we did from iOS 4 to iOS 5 this time around. But nothing "revolutionary."

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
It's almost a sure thing that I'll upgrade to the 5s/6 when it's released. The only other phone that I would consider would be the Z10.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I'm in for the bigger iphone 6 next year. The iphone 5 remains the best phone for me this year. Short of a retina Mini which isn't likely, I doubt I buy anything else mobile related this year. I might upgrade the 5+ years old desktop instead.

Loony4Fruit

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm a serial upgrader. Completely addicted to iPhones. I may skip the 5S if it turns out that it's much like the 4 --> 4S in terms of upgrades. But, I love me my iPhones. It's not like I haven't tried Android either. Picked up the Galaxy Note 2 and the Galaxy S3. Hate the ecosystem and dislike Android's feel in general. Besides, when you have a Mac and an iPad, it really doesn't make sense to go Android on the phone.

iphonelvr

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I have tried just about every phone. You name it, and I have had it! Yet, I always return to the iPhone. Nothing can touch it!

Same here! iPhone is the best. Yeah the Samsung galaxy phones have a lot more features but do we really need all those features. Half of them I never used. And every time I had an android phone, they were good at the beginning but then something would happen where the phone would act up :(

phonejunky

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
Not very likely. I didn't buy this one, I primarily use the Nexus 4. Being attacked on this forum so much though about android I switch out the SIM card from time to time just to make sure I'm not crazy that android is far more customizable and user friendly for me. Amazing screen and form factor though. I've always loved that about the iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Fatboy71

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Amongst other things, a big buying feature was the larger screen.

I'll be buying the next gen iPhone. In January I purchased my first Mac (iMac) and I currently have an iPad 3rd gen, Apple TV 3rd gen, so for me I like the eco system that these devices give me and the features, apps, and experience I get from them.

androidluvr2

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
When you bought the iPhone 5, had you already decided that you were going to buy it before it came out, or did you get persuaded into buying it?
Once it was confirmed it was 4G LTE, I knew I had to get it for my mom so she could enjoy the speed.

What was the one thing that made you decide to buy an iPhone 5?

4G LTE. It is amazingly fast. I can watch TV on my phone!!!!

How likely are you to invest in future Apple products, which ones interest you the most?
Getting my mom an iPad for mother's day!

Would you only buy in a new product category or would you refresh?
Will be getting my mom and iPhone 5s when it comes out.

Why do you need to upgrade next year, or actually this year? Are you counting on an iPhone 5s?
It is cost effective to upgrade because iPhones hold their value well.

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
Now that I got my replacement iPhone with a working power button. I will definitely get a future model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

omgzombiess

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm currently due for an upgrade and I'm debating on purchasing the iPhone 5... or hold off until the next one comes out. Should I?? I wouldn't even consider going to a different device. I love my Apple <3

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I'll just sell my i5 with AC+ and all the accessories and pay full price for the next. It's how I've done it in the past and it keeps me contract free and comes out to be a bit less or equal to a full UG price.

bunjy

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm currently due for an upgrade and I'm debating on purchasing the iPhone 5... or hold off until the next one comes out. Should I?? I wouldn't even consider going to a different device. I love my Apple <3

If your current phone is working well, I would hold out for the next iPhone.

Larry Pager

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Depends.

I own a Galaxy S3 and got it to see if Android had improved (it has).

My next phone? iPhone 6/6S is up there, along with any phablet and the latest Nokia phone on Verizon (if it's still the 928 which I think it will be, I'll pass). I don't feel too strongly about any particular platform. I have always bought the "S" models in the past but if I get an iPhone, I'm gonna try to go with the original model. The iPhones look good but I'm hoping iPhone 6 will bring something new in design and in the OS.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
It will be difficult to give up my 4S. I skipped the 5 because I just *love* the feel of my 4S, and frankly, it runs beautifully. But I know it's getting long in the tooth.

I hope the next one will make me as happy as the 4S has.

idrazz856

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I currently have the 4s and I'm not due for an upgrade until December. Right now I am happy with my iPhone and will upgrade to the 5s/6 when it comes out. I love the ecosystem and plan to stick with it! I have 2 mb pros, iPad mini, ip4s, apple tv and daughter has an iPhone 5.

bunjy

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
It will be difficult to give up my 4S. I skipped the 5 because I just *love* the feel of my 4S, and frankly, it runs beautifully. But I know it's getting long in the tooth.

This Is one of the things that impresses me about Apple devices. I know people with the 3GS and 4, and their phones still work great. My Android phones could barely make it a year before major issues started popping up.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I felt the exact same way and I was not coy about my fondness for the 4S. Furthermore, I had every intention of skipping the iPhone 5, but then I made the decision to go ahead and get it. Wow, is all I can say about it. After buying it, I wanted to kick myself for not getting it sooner. Anyway, my wife started using my 4S. Well, three weeks later, its display is now shattered. I was not happy about it after she told me. I had it for 17 months and didn't use any protective covering whatsoever (not even a screen protector) and I could have sold it as "like-new", but she had it for 3 weeks and the retina display is shattered. #smh.... :( ....Sorry for the rambling...lol...but I'm still hurt...:D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal