iPad Pro 12.9” Bluetooth Controller

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
So with the release of the PS4 RemotePlay App I tried to play The Division 2 on my 12.9” 3G iPad Pro but the on screen controls are absolutely terrible and there’s no way I can use them in a mission, too clunky. So I started looking into Bluetooth controllers and of course there isn’t one that ticks all the checkmarks off for me. Here’s what my research has found:

SteelSeries MFI Controllers
PROS
Bluetooth
PS4 button layout
Solid Reviews

CONS
no L3/R3 buttons support

Rotor Riot MFI Controller
PROS
L3/R3 buttons support

CONS
XBOX button layout
Wired (it’s 2019 what the hell man) here’s the kicker. It has a lightning connector that you plug into your device so you don’t have to use Bluetooth and no lag. My iPad is USB-C so now I have to buy a male USB-C to female lightning adapter to be able to plug this controller I to my iPad. I’m afraid there’ll be a lot lost in translation using this adapter.

Why can’t things be easy?

Does anyone have any recommendations? Here’s what my ideal controller would be

PS4 button layout
L3/R3 support
Bluetooth

Someone come through and help me out here. I need to play D2 at work when I have some down time or on a road trip.

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I just looked at the Rotor Riot controller, if you buy the mfi version it has a lightning cable so no need for an adapter. It is, however, the only controller I know of now with L3/R3 support. I’ll see if I can find anything else.

Yeah that’s what I found. My iPad is USB-C so I would need an adapter

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I thought about that and figured there would be some issues with iOS. I think I’m going to go with the Rotor Riot and deal with the wire and hope the adapter allows me to use it seamlessly

Best of luck, let us know how it goes. The lack of a decent controller is what keeps me from playing more games on my Apple devices. Lack of L3/R3 was a big thing for me too.

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Best of luck, let us know how it goes. The lack of a decent controller is what keeps me from playing more games on my Apple devices. Lack of L3/R3 was a big thing for me too.

Yeah man and here I thought getting the PS4 RemotePlay app was our biggest hurdle. smh. Thanks for the help bro

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Best Buy’s description of the Rotor Riot Android Version which is USB-C say that it MFI. I wonder if that’s true or if Best Buy got lazy and just copy and pasted for android and iOS versions lol
19e7b91c0ef9018c9df7f9cbaa15c13a.jpg

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
So I picked up the Rotor Riot Controller. I picked up both versions, Android and iOS. Right off the bat, the Android USB-C versión will NOT work with a USB-C iPad, I kinda knew it wouldn’t but language used by Best Buy in their product description gave me hope. I will wait for the USB-C to Lightning adapter to arrive to see if I can connect It to my iPad.

So I went and used it with my iPhone XS to test it out. I think the cable is too short if I’m gonna plug it into an iPad. A cable extender of sorts would have to used or exercising extreme caution not to pull on controller. Since this connects to your iPhone is suggest using a battery case because man this thing is POWER HUNGRY. I have a spare 7 plus laying around so I think I’m going to set that iPhone up as my gaming device and throw that and controller into my bag and I can game anywhere I go using the PS4 Remote Play app. I will have to use my iPhone XS as a hotspot to get the 7 plus to connect to PS4 Remote Play app.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR