PS4 or Xbox One?

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I've been on team xbox for two generations (Xbox andXbox360), now migrated for the first time to PS4 because a friend sort of coerced me to switch. I used to think that Xbox was a bit more quirky and receiving more love from developers than the mainstream PS platform, but I don't really look back. I think it boils down to exclusive titles, hardware wise it's really eye level. I personally was getting tired of the Halo thing for example, loved it at first but now it's just milking that franchise. Also, I remember being jealous of games such as Heavy Rain and Last of Us. Now with PS4 I get to catch up on that, and The Last of Us quite frankly for me has been a revelation and probably the best video game I have ever played. So that alone confirmed me in my choice. On top, Destiny, another of my favourites, also seems to get more attention on PS4, so thats another fortuitous thing.
Two more things Ive grown really fond of: The controller (i was VERY skeptical coming from the 360, but I know think it's the best controller especially for shooting games). And the 'share' option on your controller. In both cases I cant speak for the xbox one, but the fact that any headset will work (eg my beats) with the wireless controller is sublime and enhances the game experience a lot. As for share; I love to take screenshots and video snippets of my gaming, which is stored in a media capture library and always lovely to visit after some time to eg reminisce about a game's finale or highlights or whatever. Again, no idea how well xbox one performs in those regards, but to me the PS4 serves exactly my needs as a casual gamer. I also think that graphically (the order) it may have the edge, but thats obviously a close call and a contentious statement to make. ;)

either way, I dont think you can go wrong.

jgenco78

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I am really into the GTA's of the world. Zombie games, and racing. I remember always hearing that Xbox was always better for sports games. Is that true?

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
To me the Xbox One is a more complete system at the moment. You can play all kinds of video files on it, run your cable TV through the HDMI, and the interface is a bit more complete. The PS4 is graphically superior, but is incomplete. There is no DLNA support (which is how I watch movies) , no themes, sleep/wake isn't enabled yet, and there are several features that were mentioned that it would have that it doesn't have yet. Two of the most popular games on it are just remakes of PS3 versions (GTA V and The Last of US). However I think in the long run, the PS4 will be the superior system.

I am getting a PS4 today.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I am really into the GTA's of the world. Zombie games, and racing. I remember always hearing that Xbox was always better for sports games. Is that true?

You'll hear both sides chime in with opinions of what is best for which game, but the truth is, they are pretty equal for ALL kinds of gaming. The only thing I've noticed is that with racing games, Xbox has historically been better because of the sensitivity of the triggers vs. the PS4 controller (which is improved, but is not better in my opinion). Forza is an absolutely beautiful game on the Xbox One, and Forza Horizon 2 might be one of the best games I've purchased for Xbox One (there are times where graphically, you think you're looking at a movie instead of a video game...WHILE you're playing it).

Xbox has kind of ruled the racing game world for some time because the Gran Turismo franchise fell flat and Sony Polyphony kind of dragged it's feet for too long and fans of the game started moving on to different franchises to fill their need. Hopefully one day we'll see a reawakening of that franchise because it was THE racing game for so so long.

FPS's are going to be relatively the same between the two systems. Aside from system specific features, I doubt you run into any major hang ups between the two on games like CoD, Battlefield and the like.

I actually have Madden on both PS4 AND Xbox One...I got them for free, so I kept both. They feel IDENTICAL on each system. Zero difference at all except I have been able to connect to online games easier on the Xbox than the PS4.

Zombie games are kind of a crap shoot because it seems they really follow so many different game types...mainly between FPS and 3rd person...so it just depends on which one you're playing. I recently bought the remastered Resident Evil game and it is absolutely fantastic on Xbox One.

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I agree with Sean. Forza Horizon 2 is a beautiful simulation game. Though I play it on 360, still I love it. Coming back to xbox/PS, I have never used Playstation but I can assure you that you can get great titles at a discounted price(xbox gold service). I picked FIFA 15 @ $20!!

Go for XBOX One, their online services are pretty good. I play COD:AW, FC4, FH2 and FIFA 15 online with no issues!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I agree with Sean. Forza Horizon 2 is a beautiful simulation game. Though I play it on 360, still I love it. Coming back to xbox/PS, I have never used Playstation but I can assure you that you can get great titles at a discounted price(xbox gold service). I picked FIFA 15 @ $20!!

Go for XBOX One, their online services are pretty good. I play COD:AW, FC4, FH2 and FIFA 15 online with no issues!

I don't feel that Horizon is really a "simulation" racing game at all...not to nit pick, but it is WAY more arcade style than normal Forza.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Too lazy to read the whole thread. I'd go with PS4. Far better exclusive games, imho

Out of curiosity...what exclusive games are out on the PS4 (aside from the remake of The Last of Us, which really isn't a PS4 game per se) that make you feel it is "far better" for exclusives? As far as I can tell, Uncharted is about it!

Gooldy Games

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
Out of curiosity...what exclusive games are out on the PS4 (aside from the remake of The Last of Us, which really isn't a PS4 game per se) that make you feel it is "far better" for exclusives? As far as I can tell, Uncharted is about it!
Sucker Punch and Naughty Dog games obviously. I'm convinced that they deserve a win over Xbox exclusives.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
So Uncharted (which I mentioned) and Infamous? That defines "far better"?

I have both systems, so it makes me curious how that defines it as far better...considering Xbox brings quite a few exclusives of it's own...including Halo and Forza which are both already available. I don't think either system really has a "better" assortment of exclusives outside of people's personal preference...certainly not enough to make one system better than the other in terms of exclusives.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I got the PS4 with The Last of Us download code. I've not played it much but I think I'm gonna start playing that over sports titles for a while. I'm typically not into zombie games like that but it was pretty cool from what I've played so far!

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Does either come w expandable storage ? I've been looking into getting a PS4 but heard it doesn't. So I'm looking at the Xbox one. I haven't really played a console since the Nintendo GameCube lol. It's a lot of sweet *** games coming out that caught my attention.

Tapatalk'n On The  IPhone 6+

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Does either come w expandable storage ? I've been looking into getting a PS4 but heard it doesn't. So I'm looking at the Xbox one. I haven't really played a console since the Nintendo GameCube lol. It's a lot of sweet *** games coming out that caught my attention.

Xbox One can use any usb based storage device as expandable storage as long as it's over 16GB (I have a 1TB hard drive as a back up on my Xbox One). Works well, but it essentially turns that drive into a proprietary drive while you're using it on the system (which means you can't write anything else to it outside of what the Xbox One saves to it).

PS4 does not have this function natively, but there are companies that make adaptors (which are quite unsightly honestly and add a lot of bulk to the system)...the adaptors work well from what I've read, but I've yet to come close to my PS4's storage capacity so I haven't really investigated it much further than just out of curiosity.

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Xbox One can use any usb based storage device as expandable storage as long as it's over 16GB (I have a 1TB hard drive as a back up on my Xbox One). Works well, but it essentially turns that drive into a proprietary drive while you're using it on the system (which means you can't write anything else to it outside of what the Xbox One saves to it).

PS4 does not have this function natively, but there are companies that make adaptors (which are quite unsightly honestly and add a lot of bulk to the system)...the adaptors work well from what I've read, but I've yet to come close to my PS4's storage capacity so I haven't really investigated it much further than just out of curiosity.

Thx for the info. Much appreciated, who's graphics would u say were better ? I've done a little research & found that the PS4 comes with 500GB's on on board storage & I believe the Xbox was also around the same storage capacity. With saved game progress, which one would u say fills the quickest ?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Thx for the info. Much appreciated, who's graphics would u say were better ? I've done a little research & found that the PS4 comes with 500GB's on on board storage & I believe the Xbox was also around the same storage capacity. With saved game progress, which one would u say fills the quickest ?

They have relatively similar graphics...the PS4 has more potential down the road from internal specs, but right now, there's nothing really different between the two.

I play A LOT more games on Xbox One, and I've almost filled the 500GB internal drive on it...I would imagine the PS4 would fill up just as fast if you had similar save files on that system that I do on the Xbox One.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR