GTA V on Xbox One (and I'm guessing the same on PS4)...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
So I bought this on release day but wanted to get some time into it before I made a review of sorts because I didn't want to reflect on initial hype as that doesn't really give a good quality reference of these games, especially with so many issues plaguing them initially.

For one, here are the MAJOR differences to look for...

- First Person Shooter mode (and driving, though I don't use it on driving because it's too difficult to me).
- Incredible graphical enhancements and a lot of added small detail
- Environmental changes (weather being a prime example)
- Audio track (both sound effects and music) are enhanced, and even some new music.
- About a dozen unique missions and story additions (online...not sure off line as I haven't played it)
- Improved driving physics (rain and off road especially)

...and here is what hasn't changed or were disappointing...

- Gameplay is still pretty much identical (which isn't a bad thing at all)
- Earning money is still a slow grind, and really still tries to push you to purchase in game cash with real cash
- UI of the phone and computer in game is still wonky (and I expected a major improvement there)
- Animals are NOT in online mode, they are only on story/career mode...this was a major let down in my opinion.

...all in all, this game is stunningly beautiful now, and with first person mode, it almost makes me feel guilty when I kill people now, lol! I was in awe while flying through a thunderstorm on the game with the amount of detail...driving through the rain is just jaw dropping (and the physics are really improved in this nature).

Well worth the investment as a next gen port. Thankfully you could bring your character over from the 360/PS3 version as well.

Solid game for the new consoles.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I almost expected a hate rant slowly forming towards the middle, but turns out you love the game.

It is a great game, no doubt. I have played it on PS3 and it was an awesome experience. The missions were engaging and when I wasn't doing those I loved the open world nature of the game.

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I did as well. Great bundle. Let's not forget The Last of Us too. Awesome game and the graphic detail on that one is pretty terrific as well.

Oh of course, TLOU is one of the best games I've ever played. I've already beaten it half a dozen times on PS3 and I'm currently going through the game again on ps4.

Sent from my Golden Apple Six

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2