Destiny...

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Definitely my favorite game of the year...no question about it.

There is a co-op mission where you go into the devil's lair and you fight a HUGE version of the little purple orbs that you come upon sometimes, and that damn thing was TERRIFYING. There was a real sense of scale against that thing, and there were several times where I was just watching the damn fight happen in front of me in awe. It made this weird electronic cow noise (similar to a boss in an older Metal Gear game).

Yeah I'm still at level 5 so haven't been there yet

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
So I just played my first Strike match and wow was it intense. Frickin carnage all over the place, bullets spraying and bodies flying everywhere! And damn taking out that beatle tank or w/e its called is quite the challenge with only 3 of us!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
So I just played my first Strike match and wow was it intense. Frickin carnage all over the place, bullets spraying and bodies flying everywhere! And damn taking out that beatle tank or w/e its called is quite the challenge with only 3 of us!

I got lucky on that one, as I was playing with people who had obviously done it before...we just hid in the cave and took turns spraying and grenading that thing from there!

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately this is one of the only positive threads I have seen this on this game. Everyone else seems to think it is just plain. I was pretty excited for it after I got to play the beta for two whole days, so I have been anxious to see how it has faired. The whole MMO aspect is what really got me, but I have seen many around say it only really works when you play with friends. I am glad to see that is not the case. Do you see it having long legs?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately this is one of the only positive threads I have seen this on this game. Everyone else seems to think it is just plain. I was pretty excited for it after I got to play the beta for two whole days, so I have been anxious to see how it has faired. The whole MMO aspect is what really got me, but I have seen many around say it only really works when you play with friends. I am glad to see that is not the case. Do you see it having long legs?

I guess it depends on how the online multiplayer and co-op continue to grow...as it sits, the multiplayer modes have WAY more replay value than Titan Fall did, and you have a very nice assortment of map types and sizes (some of the maps are so big I have played on them a few times and still not seen all parts of them). Titan Fall started getting old because there was only one way to play it...every mode felt exactly the same, so after a while, it just became redundant...they also didn't add anything substance to it with DLC, so it never kept any momentum.

This game has a defined campaign. That's a major plus going for it...and the fact that it's co-op (which is expect from Bungie since they've always done co-op really really well).

Multiplayer has several modes, and each one feels dynamic and different enough to keep them fresh. The 3v3 death match mode feels so amazingly team based because you can revive your teammates...I've thoroughly enjoyed that mode more than any other ones.

I truly do think this game has long legs...and while I've read the negative reviews as well, I have to say that this is easily the best release for Xbox One so far.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Keep us up to date with more impressions if you would Sean. I'm still on the fence with this game and would love to hear more if possible. Thanks.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Keep us up to date with more impressions if you would Sean. I'm still on the fence with this game and would love to hear more if possible. Thanks.
If this kind of game is your thing, just get it. You won't find one better. Not yet.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Right now I'm grinding for Legendary and Exotic gear in preparation for the upcoming Raid on Tuesday! Hopefully I'll be able to make it before work otherwise I might have to call out :p

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Right now I'm grinding for Legendary and Exotic gear in preparation for the upcoming Raid on Tuesday! Hopefully I'll be able to make it before work otherwise I might have to call out :p

So excited!

Right now I'm absolutely LOVING 3v3 Skirmish mode on Crucible. You get with a good team and you're dominating left and right. Me and a couple of guys went on a 15 game streak last night and I was unlocking all kinds of stuff. Currently a level 15 I think.

This game is just awesome. To be honest though, I haven't played the campaign at all since unlocking crucible!

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
So excited!

Right now I'm absolutely LOVING 3v3 Skirmish mode on Crucible. You get with a good team and you're dominating left and right. Me and a couple of guys went on a 15 game streak last night and I was unlocking all kinds of stuff. Currently a level 15 I think.

This game is just awesome. To be honest though, I haven't played the campaign at all since unlocking crucible!

My mode of choice atm is high level stike's, and I absolutely love it, pure chaos! I can only imagine how awesome Raid's are gonna be!! Being stuck with lousy randoms is why im staying away from crucible atm. I just hit lvl 20 a while ago and am grinding for armor that adds +Light so I can continue to level up and do higher stikes.

Oh and I cannot wait to get decked out in all legendary gear :p And another thing, Sean do you know if everyone can join in the Raid or is it like a first come first serve type of deal? That's one thing I dont wanna miss out on!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Actually, as far as I've read, Raids are not part of matchmaking, and are initiated at any time when you have your team set and together. It performs much like previous Halo campaign progress where you can start and stop whenever you want and your progress is saved until the next Tuesday when the raids are reset.

I was a little disappointed with this, and I hope that Bungie adds Raid mode to matchmaking since it is a very rare occurrence for me to find 6 of my friends playing Destiny at the same time that would want to obligate the time to focus on a raid like this...and from what I'm reading, outside of "Normal" mode, the raids will be very difficult for small teams.

I imagine their idea is that they wanted this to be similar to the way WoW does it (I don't play WoW, but am familiar with their raid procedures).

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
So basically we have 1 week to do the current raid before it resets to a new one and we have to have 6 friends to play it? Do you have any idea how long the raid will take to complete? It must be quite long and/or very difficult if they put in a save mechanic. I'm not familiar at all with raids but I might check out some WoW vids to get an idea of what they're about. Well I'm definitely anxious to play that mode.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You don't HAVE to have 6 people, the raids I guess are just designed for UP TO 6 players. I've just read from people who got to pre-test these Raids that they are quite difficult, especially for small teams who can't cover a lot of different things at once.

Not sure how long they'd take, but the rewards seem substantial, so I would only guess you'll have to put some effort into it, and I would imagine we're talking some lengthy obligation. And yes, from what I'm reading, you have 1 week to complete each one.

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Well I'm gonna tell you one thing, right now I'm really drunk and am gonna play this game all night long!! lol..Hopefully I can get a full team for this raid otherwise I might try and solo it like a boss :p

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
My internet is acting up and bring slow so it's forced me to play story line. I'm on level 12 right now pretty good story to it

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
So I just read that you need to be level 26 to even qualify for Raids. I'm only level 20 so I guess I need to start grinding for +Light gear. I gotta get this done asap!! You to Sean if we are gonna do this Raid!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Nah...the max difficulty level is 26...as far as I've read, there is no minimum rank, but apparently if you lack level 20 armor, you'll have a tough time.

I say BRING IT! LOL!

Today I tried to do a level with one other guy with this huge ogre beast thing chained up in the middle of this big room...and we got our asses kicked over and over again, and never finished it. If it's harder than that, I've got some skills to work on, LOL!