Not really...from what I read on this pretty regularly, the only major "dent" that the console gaming industry has seen is a major drop in physical gaming revenue since most people just download everything now directly to the system vs. buying the hard disc. Major title sales numbers are still averaging as good or better than they have in the past...the systems are still selling quite well (with Sony on top of the console sales market for the time being), and online subscriptions and DLC's are the highest they've ever been.

With Steam releasing a console this fall, that number will tick up exponentially.

These will definitely NOT be the last of the consoles. That's just a simple fact.
    What game are you playing now

Sent from my Super iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk
    10-19-2015 01:09 AM

On console? A few actually...

- Forza 6
    - Until Dawn (I've beat it once but feel I can get a better ending with some different choices, so playing through again)
    - Battlefront has been awesome (even though it's just a Beta)

...and going to fire up Halo 5 next week when it launches.
    moaningmyrtle likes this.
    10-19-2015 01:20 AM
    Not really...from what I read on this pretty regularly, the only major "dent" that the console gaming industry has seen is a major drop in physical gaming revenue since most people just download everything now directly to the system vs. buying the hard disc. Major title sales numbers are still averaging as good or better than they have in the past...the systems are still selling quite well (with Sony on top of the console sales market for the time being), and online subscriptions and DLC's are the highest they've ever been.

With Steam releasing a console this fall, that number will tick up exponentially.

These will definitely NOT be the last of the consoles. That's just a simple fact.
    Which is why PlayStation are now increasing exclusive games only for them though they're still currently really few for now due to competitive companies such as XBox, Steam, and Nintendo. I wonder if someone will still be able to jailbreak PS4 though.
    11-07-2015 01:06 AM

That's why Sony will be increasing games that are only exclusive for PS4 but currently very few due to competitors such as Steam, Xbox, and Nintendo. I'm wondering though if people will still be able to jailbreak PS4.
    11-07-2015 01:09 AM
    I don't think the majority of the demographic that buys apple products are into console gaming, so in that way it would be a bad choice for apple. Also, I've read that apple doesn't really care too much about gaming, they never intended for the app store to get so big with games.

But i've always wondered, could apple make gaming cool / more mainstream? Ha I wish they would then we wouldn't have to deal with so many bad games and games getting canceled etc.
    03-30-2016 04:37 PM
    It will only happen if PlayStation market in future gets down

Sent from (iOK)
    07-04-2017 12:43 PM
    I don't think Sony will ever allow that to happen. Sony consoles have legit sales in all quarters.
    10-02-2017 10:06 AM
32 12