So difficult!!!

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
So i have read every article about Xbox one and ps4 seen every video!! And in boy to sure which one to go for! I have the money I can get one or the other! Basically the people with Xbox one and ps3 I want to hear your thoughts! How's the home page and dash board? I like the ps3 controller but u liked xbox interface

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't play online much

If you aren't planning on playing online against friends or swap games with your friends then it shouldn't be that big of a deal. Just pick one.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I wrote two threads reviewing each one already...go check them out if you want my input on them.

http://forums.imore.com/gaming/279456-month-ps4.html

http://forums.imore.com/gaming/272823-my-xbox-one-review.html

Neither system is really on the level of what you would expect out of a "next generation console" because they are still quite unpolished and buggy, and there simply aren't a lot of titles out for either system to really keep you occupied like you would be with a system that has years of game support. The PS4 seems to have a better UI (in my opinion because I hate Microsofts tile system)...the Xbox One has a lot more user features outside of gaming itself (cable integration, auto-recording of game clips and upload function)...and you also get the Kinect for free with is nice (really surprised Sony didn't offer a variant of theirs with the PS4, but I'd never use it anyways so i don't really care lol).

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Assassins creed, cod ghosts and battlefield can keep me busy lol plus don't previous ps games work

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Assassins creed, cod ghosts and battlefield can keep me busy lol plus don't previous ps games work

From what I have read, ps3 games and beyond do not play on the ps4...I think I saw that at least. I'm not sure of the backwards compatibility is available on the new xbox.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
If I were in your shoes, I would go with the ps4. I have always favored ps over xbox in the past, and all of the bells and whistles that xbox comes with really don't do anything for me (I don't need or want a game console taking over everything!). Plus, I enjoy more of the ps-only titles over the xbox-only titles. But again...just my thoughts!

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I have a ps3 and xbox 369 but I always play on the 360 and use ps3 for entertainment but the wireless adopter sucked for the xbox and the big heavy controller makes your hands sore after so long

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
From what I have read, ps3 games and beyond do not play on the ps4...I think I saw that at least. I'm not sure of the backwards compatibility is available on the new xbox.

That's dumb! Atleast ps3 games should work

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I have a ps3 and xbox 369 but I always play on the 360 and use ps3 for entertainment but the wireless adopter sucked for the xbox and the big heavy controller makes your hands sore after so long

The wireless antenna in the Xbox One is substantially better than it was before...it has a better reach, and can connect to 5Ghz bands now too (which is nice if you have a dual band router, less clog on the 2.4 channel).

PS4 seems to be about the same as the XB1, but the PS3 to me had a good antenna too so it was never really an issue to me.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
PS4 for gaming, I suppose. I love my xbox one because it's a good entertainment system, plus I prefer the xbox over playstation. I play multiplayer and all of my friends have xboxs too so it's fun. I don't look at the ps4 as a group device. Maybe that's because I'm not a big PS gamer anymore. Lol

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5S

I BEN I

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I like the xbox personally but I don't think you can go wrong with either system. I'd buy the xbox just for forza lol

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

anon(7808135)

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I find the Xbox One better for family entertainment and the PS4 better for video gaming. My personal choice is the Xbox One. Go check them out and play with both of them. Best Buy and Gamestop is the best places to mess around with them. Or a Microsoft store.

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Since you're not much of an online player, then getting the system with the most games you're interested in seems like the most logical thing to do. If I could only choose 1 console then I would personally choose a PS4 because Sony is known to have killer exclusives. The Last of Us alone(ps3 exc) was easily one of the best games I've ever played last gen and it was made by Naughty Dogs, which is a Sony exclusive dev.

In all honestly though, if you ever get the chance to pick up both then do so. It may not seem like it now but this generation of gaming looks to be an amazing one!

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
That's dumb! Atleast ps3 games should work

The ps4 & Xbox1 use a different processor architecture than there predecessors so backwards compatibility won't work.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
To add on to these guys, you should always go for the system with the most number of games you actually want to play, which most likely would consist of the exclusives that system would get that no other system would ever get. Always base your buying decisions on this and there is little that can go wrong.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2