Titanfall...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Dear lord jesus this game is amazing. And it's just the freakin' Beta!

I cannot wait to have my retail copy!

I'll be 100% honest though, it doesn't feel like a next generation game until you get into the REALLY intense battles, and then you can really see where the previous gen consoles would have just crapped the bed trying to keep up with the on screen action...the Xbox One plays the game as smooth as butter.

I think this franchise is REALLY going to catch on well. I'm already in love with it and I haven't even bought it yet.

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I've been watching a lot of game plays online and this game does look quite amazing. I'm not a PC gamer but I'm tempted to get the beta for it as I don't have an Xbone. This might be the system seller I was waiting for!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I found it a good blend of Halo, CoD and an obscure game called Vanquish. It's a first person shooter, but it has such a unique movement system within the game, where you can essentially traverse any terrain using a small jet pack, parkour and strafing techniques (especially with the Titans).

At heart, it's still your basic FPS, but holy god when you're chasing a group of the opposing teams characters and then a titan just bursts through a wall and starts laying waste to everything and everyone...it's hair raising! We were in a small asian town having a battle today, and my titan was still being loaded for dispatch, and I was flanking this group of guys that were camping in an upstairs area...as soon as I made my move and was about to start lighting up the room, the entire freakin' room exploded, and I was standing outside in front of this enormous mech and he just destroyed me. I wasn't even mad...it was so bad *** I just sat there for a second.

This is a MUST buy for the Xbox One.

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I found it a good blend of Halo, CoD and an obscure game called Vanquish. It's a first person shooter, but it has such a unique movement system within the game, where you can essentially traverse any terrain using a small jet pack, parkour and strafing techniques (especially with the Titans).

At heart, it's still your basic FPS, but holy god when you're chasing a group of the opposing teams characters and then a titan just bursts through a wall and starts laying waste to everything and everyone...it's hair raising! We were in a small asian town having a battle today, and my titan was still being loaded for dispatch, and I was flanking this group of guys that were camping in an upstairs area...as soon as I made my move and was about to start lighting up the room, the entire freakin' room exploded, and I was standing outside in front of this enormous mech and he just destroyed me. I wasn't even mad...it was so bad *** I just sat there for a second.

This is a MUST buy for the Xbox One.

So does this game feature destructible environments like Battlefield? From the videos I've seen I can't say I've noticed titans breaking through walls and what not.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
No...nothing like Battlefield, but then again, nothing is like Battlefield when it comes to that kind of game play...it's kind of it's signature draw, being able to destroy an entire building while in a fire fight.

When I say it burst through the wall...the arenas and levels are built to where the Titans can maneuver pretty well in and out of areas...large chunks of wall missing and stuff. The Titans move with a burst speed (like flying on the ground) so when they come quickly through one of those open areas of the wall...it just seems like they are busting through I guess...there's usually a lot of explosions and stuff as well, so that helps, lol.

This game isn't so much the actual structures exploding and falling down, but more the titans being so big and the weapons they fire being so encompassing that everything around you is just exploding and shaking. It's chaotic to say the least! The room I was in wasn't blown apart, but I was running into an open wall room with those other guys, and I ended up just running through the explosions and ended up right in front of the titan.

This game would be award winning if it had destructible environments...and I think we know what to expect with the next one.

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
You're getting me real hyped for this game Sean!! I absolutely love chaotic battles and things getting so hectic and explosions all around you. I'll be buying an Xbone on release day of this game. Now I just gotta wait till they open the beta for PC to get my fix till then!

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I am obsessed with that game!! I was talking to a manager at Gamestop earlier today and she asked me how I feel about the game, and a ton of emotions that I didn't know was inside of me came pouring out. She has the beta code but hasn't had time to install the game. Soon as I got my code I couldn't wait to get home to install it!

I don't know where to begin or end with the gameplay, it's remarkable. (Btw, she told me that Watch Dogs may not be coming out anymore because the creators are running low on funding.)

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5S

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
You're getting me real hyped for this game Sean!! I absolutely love chaotic battles and things getting so hectic and explosions all around you. I'll be buying an Xbone on release day of this game. Now I just gotta wait till they open the beta for PC to get my fix till then!

Watching gameplay on YouTube gives you a good feel of the game but it doesn't come close to actually playing the game. I'm in love!

Let us know how the PC gaming is with Titanfall when you get the code. I heard a few ppl received xbox 360 codes instead of PC codes. =(

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Watching gameplay on YouTube gives you a good feel of the game but it doesn't come close to actually playing the game. I'm in love!

Let us know how the PC gaming is with Titanfall when you get the code. I heard a few ppl received xbox 360 codes instead of PC codes. =(

I'll let you know how it runs on PC, but If I can get a 360 code I'll take it! Im tired of waiting to play this bad boy!

Oh and please don't say that Watch Dogs might not come out. It's one of my most anticipated games of 2014!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bias reduX

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking forward to other games more (Final Fantasy X HD, Diablo 3 RoS), but this is on my list of things to pick up. I like the frantic gameplay, but I dislike how hard it is to find another pilot unless titans are around. The wall jumping is most definitely welcome.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I have been playing this game non-stop for hours now...and I have to say, there are so many people who play this game without considering strategy. I've been able to use the various mobility tools the player has without EVER calling my Titan in, and I have been able to have several matches where I have 0 or 1 death and like 15-20 kills (all because people want to go after the Titans and forget they have other players around.

The Titan warfare however is a bit less strategic. It really is a run and gun kind of deal. I'd say the pilot warfare is very Battlefield'esq, where as the Titan warfare is very Call of Duty.

I'm actually having MORE fun sneaking around and taking out normal players lol!

Really loving this game though! I hope they offer some much more open maps...some of the maps are annoyingly clustered together.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro