Should I buy a PS4 or Xbox One?

RobertAdams313

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
It comes down to exclusives and right now I would say there isn't anything out that should make you feel like you need to buy it now. I'm a 2k head and I thought I NEEDED it ASAP (PS4) but I got quite bored with it with all the VC crap and I find myself waiting for them to just release more games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chendofs

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
Both XBOX1 and PS4 are recently new and still need to polishing and content compare to their previous generation. But comparing between both, I dont think there is a right or wrong here, it all depends on what you want. For what I have seen hard core gamers prefer the PS4, but the XBox seems to be a more complete entertainment package. For me, I prefer a more complete package for entertainment at home so I am looking to get the XBox in this holiday season.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Both XBOX1 and PS4 are recently new and still need to polishing and content compare to their previous generation. But comparing between both, I dont think there is a right or wrong here, it all depends on what you want. For what I have seen hard core gamers prefer the PS4, but the XBox seems to be a more complete entertainment package. For me, I prefer a more complete package for entertainment at home so I am looking to get the XBox in this holiday season.

I don't consider a year "recent"...but both systems still need quite a bit of polish. Over this year, both systems have received decent usage, but I can admit that I have played my Xbox 360 MORE than either of them simply for GTA 5. Today we got to see a few major holiday release titles...I bought both Halo: MCC and Assassins Creed Unity, so we'll see after a couple of weeks what we're working with now on the next gen systems.

mightysnake

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
I have seen this questions many times and my answer is the same. Do you want a console to play games only or do you want a living room entertainment system? If you are pure gamer, PS4 may be better choice, otherwise, say, you want to play with your family, you should consider XBO. That's what I think of the two consoles.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I have seen this questions many times and my answer is the same. Do you want a console to play games only or do you want a living room entertainment system? If you are pure gamer, PS4 may be better choice, otherwise, say, you want to play with your family, you should consider XBO. That's what I think of the two consoles.

Curious why you think the PS4 is better for the "pure gamer"?

mightysnake

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Curious why you think the PS4 is better for the "pure gamer"?

I will give some examples which represent my very personal opinion. 1. ign has a chart that tells PS4 has more games than XB1 (I can't use link so you need to google it if you want to see it). 2. PS4 games can run at 1080p while XB1 only at 900p (unless you don't care the resolution gap) 3. If you own a Farcry 4 copy, you friend can play with you online and he doesn't have to own one (just an example of PS4's gamer friendly policy.)

Last edited:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I will give some examples which represent my very personal opinion. 1. ign has a chart that tells PS4 has more games than XB1 (I can't use link so you need to google it if you want to see it). 2. PS4 games can run at 1080p while XB1 only at 900p (unless you don't care the resolution gap) 3. If you own a Farcry 4 copy, you friend can play with you online and he doesn't have to own one (just an example of PS4's gamer friendly policy.)

1.) Not sure where you got your info, but Xbox One has more games than PS4...PS4 sitting around 180 and Xbox One closing in on 200.

2.) Xbox One can natively run certain games in 1080p as well, sometimes at 30fps, some at 60fps. Is it true that there are games running at 900p? Absolutely, but there are also games on the PS4 that only run at 720p...so it's not like it's an isolated "problem" on the Xbox One, and most times, it's up to the developer to decide which native resolution their game runs at so they can achieve the FPS they are striving for in light of efficiency.

3.) The game you friend can play with you on Farcry 4 is a trial version of a tiny piece of the game (almost like a demo)...I know, I have it and have done it. You get a few tokens to send to friends, and they can play a part of one of the levels with you online without owning it, and then when you finish that part, it gives them the option to buy it. I'd hardly call that a contributing factor to the idea of "gamer friendly" standards, considering Xbox One has a slew of Xbox specific games that allow for multiplayer demoing with friends who own it (including NBA 2k15, Madden, Halo 5's beta and the coming final release, etc).

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I've never used the XBox before and never been interested in switching from PlayStation
Maybe one day but based on bias remarks lol I'd choose the PlayStation 4.

Sent from my iPhone 6plus using Tapatalk

mightysnake

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
1.) Not sure where you got your info, but Xbox One has more games than PS4...PS4 sitting around 180 and Xbox One closing in on 200.

2.) Xbox One can natively run certain games in 1080p as well, sometimes at 30fps, some at 60fps. Is it true that there are games running at 900p? Absolutely, but there are also games on the PS4 that only run at 720p...so it's not like it's an isolated "problem" on the Xbox One, and most times, it's up to the developer to decide which native resolution their game runs at so they can achieve the FPS they are striving for in light of efficiency.

3.) The game you friend can play with you on Farcry 4 is a trial version of a tiny piece of the game (almost like a demo)...I know, I have it and have done it. You get a few tokens to send to friends, and they can play a part of one of the levels with you online without owning it, and then when you finish that part, it gives them the option to buy it. I'd hardly call that a contributing factor to the idea of "gamer friendly" standards, considering Xbox One has a slew of Xbox specific games that allow for multiplayer demoing with friends who own it (including NBA 2k15, Madden, Halo 5's beta and the coming final release, etc).

1.) I actually meant the number of AAA games.
2.) I don't know what games run on PS4 at 720p and on XB1 at 1080p. I know that MGS5: 720p on XB1, 1080p on PS4; Battlefield Hardline: 720p on Xb1, 900p on PS4; The Witcher 3: 900p for Xbox One, 1080p for PS4.
3.) Alright I guess PS4 and XB1 is the same.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
1.) I actually meant the number of AAA games.
2.) I don't know what games run on PS4 at 720p and on XB1 at 1080p. I know that MGS5: 720p on XB1, 1080p on PS4; Battlefield Hardline: 720p on Xb1, 900p on PS4; The Witcher 3: 900p for Xbox One, 1080p for PS4.
3.) Alright I guess PS4 and XB1 is the same.

TL:DR: Some just like to argue. Choose based on game availability if that's most important to you.

It is well known that ps4 caters more to hard core gamer and xbox tries to provide a wider array of services beyond gamers in addition to gaming. Your discussion is exactly in line with what the companies are striving for. It's also just a matter of personal preference. Each does an array of different things fairly well.

Don't let anyone on a forum confuse their opinion with 'facts'.

It's like someone saying 'should i choose android over apple because i like to customize to the max?' There is a wide spectrum of opinion there but one's own preference wins out.

I say take a look at the games you are looking for first to choose the console, then other features and ignore splitting hairs with those that clearly were offended by the premise of this discussion - which is in line with the goals of the consoles themselves.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Don't let anyone on a forum confuse their opinion with 'facts'.

I certainly hope you're not implying that is what I'm doing...I personally think the idea of a "better" system is silly in this day and age of video game consoles. The better system boils down to personal preference, and that is it. I own both...I don't think either is better than the other. Like arguing which phone is better...or computer or whatever...it's all a personal preference.

I was responding to the post above because there were some things that stood out as inaccurate. It's not about arguing, it's about correcting inaccuracies.

Really? Can you name a few? Just for ****s and giggles of course.

Trine
Battlefield 4 (original release...a patch adjusted resolution and the game started running at 900p upscaled to 1080p)
Final Fantasy XIV
inFamous Second Son (though it had a 1080p option, running it on 720p gave you 60fps)

...let me clarify for the umpteenth time that I own both systems and do not feel either is better than the other, I just wanted to dispose of some false information provided earlier...the PS4 runs natively at 1080p MOST times, but does have some games that run lower...and the Xbox One can also natively run in 1080p, but a lot of games on it are in 900p with upscaling.

Truth be told, the resolution matters less than the fps in my opinion. I'd rather run a game at 720p with 60fps than 1080p and 30fps. That's just me though...I can do without some shadow details and lighting elements if I can get a smoother overall look and feel from higher frames per second.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I certainly hope you're not implying that is what I'm doing...I personally think the idea of a "better" system is silly in this day and age of video game consoles. The better system boils down to personal preference, and that is it. I own both...I don't think either is better than the other. Like arguing which phone is better...or computer or whatever...it's all a personal preference.

I was responding to the post above because there were some things that stood out as inaccurate. It's not about arguing, it's about correcting inaccuracies.

Trine
Battlefield 4 (original release...a patch adjusted resolution and the game started running at 900p upscaled to 1080p)
Final Fantasy XIV
inFamous Second Son (though it had a 1080p option, running it on 720p gave you 60fps)

...let me clarify for the umpteenth time that I own both systems and do not feel either is better than the other, I just wanted to dispose of some false information provided earlier...the PS4 runs natively at 1080p MOST times, but does have some games that run lower...and the Xbox One can also natively run in 1080p, but a lot of games on it are in 900p with upscaling.

Truth be told, the resolution matters less than the fps in my opinion. I'd rather run a game at 720p with 60fps than 1080p and 30fps. That's just me though...I can do without some shadow details and lighting elements if I can get a smoother overall look and feel from higher frames per second.

It sounds like we agree quite a bit. This thread looked like bickering over opinions at first read. My bad i guess.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It sounds like we agree quite a bit. This thread looked like bickering over opinions at first read. My bad i guess.

I promise I would never label either of these systems as "best", because neither of them are...to be 100% honest, if there was a best system based on quality titles, entertainment value, development/technology application and overall system UI/reliability, I think it would be the Wii U, with the huge exception that their online multiplayer restrictions are MAJOR restrictions (IE: no in game chat, which is simply baffling to me in this day and age). Also, I'm probably biased towards it because that was the king of systems when I was growing up in the 80's, and the franchises that I loved as a kid in the new world are just so much fun to me.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
The kids really want the Wii U. Going to have to wait for Christmas. They ask about games only available on it all the time. 'They don't have that on xbox?'

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro