Brand new to Steam--What are some good games?

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I decided to create a Steam account and try out some games. I'm brand new to Steam and don't know anything about its games at all.

I haven't installed a single game yet at this point.

What are some games that you'd recommend for someone brand new to Steam? Please describe the games and let me know why you like them.

098v

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I've always liked Portal1 and 2, I love playing puzzle games, (if there's a sale all together it should be like $15 total) as well as Team Fortress 2, just a fun game over all to play,(free to play) and if you're a FPS(First Person Shooter) fan I would recommend getting Counter Strike or Battlefield 3. Really Steam has virtually every game and amazing deals aide there's a sale almost everyday and especially with holidays.

Tappin and talkin from my iPhone 4

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I've always liked Portal1 and 2, I love playing puzzle games, (if there's a sale all together it should be like $15 total) as well as Team Fortress 2, just a fun game over all to play,(free to play) and if you're a FPS(First Person Shooter) fan I would recommend getting Counter Strike or Battlefield 3. Really Steam has virtually every game and amazing deals aide there's a sale almost everyday and especially with holidays.

Tappin and talkin from my iPhone 4
Will they send emails when there are sales, or will I have to look for sales?

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I've seen something called Humble Bundle that apparently has games available with a charitable donation. Are those Steam games?

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

098v

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I believe so and as for the sales notifications you get emails for big sales that are going on, like say a game like Skyrim is on sale for 75% off (which usually happens on the holidays) you'll get an email saying so.

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I believe so and as for the sales notifications you get emails for big sales that are going on, like say a game like Skyrim is on sale for 75% off (which usually happens on the holidays) you'll get an email saying so.
I just got the latest Humble Jumbo Bundle. It's downloading/installing now. :)

macaroon9

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Theres always sales going on on steam! Especially now we're closer to the holidays. Last sale i got myself Payday 2, Left 4 Dead 2 and Just Cause 2. I got Left4Dead2 for 5 bucks and Just cause for 3. Payday 2 was 55% off at $13 and totally worth it. Got 3 games for close to 20 bucks, and they're worth it! Can get hours and hours out of Left 4 Dead and Payday playing online with friends - who can get it too because they're so cheap! Or if you're in a holiday spirit gift them another copy!

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
If you are looking for the really top games, Far Cry 3, Metro Last Light, Crysis 3, Saints' Row 4.

If you got the system to play it, Tomb Raider and Assassin's Creed 4 will push your visual loving gears into overdrive.

Sent from my RM-941_apac_sea_203 using Tapatalk

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Theres always sales going on on steam! Especially now we're closer to the holidays. Last sale i got myself Payday 2, Left 4 Dead 2 and Just Cause 2. I got Left4Dead2 for 5 bucks and Just cause for 3. Payday 2 was 55% off at $13 and totally worth it. Got 3 games for close to 20 bucks, and they're worth it! Can get hours and hours out of Left 4 Dead and Payday playing online with friends - who can get it too because they're so cheap! Or if you're in a holiday spirit gift them another copy!
I got Left4Dead2 for free yesterday. :)

I also picked up Borderlands2 in the Holiday Sale.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2