PS4 or Xbox One: which is your favourite?

PS4 or Xbox One: which is your favourite?

• PS4

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • Xbox One

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • I got both

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neither

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It was popular, but the franchise has taken a big hit because the developers really struck out with the last one, and the short cuts they took with it. Gran Turismo needs a MAJOR renovation.

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Why they decided to release that title on PS3 and not develop it for the next gen console is beyond me...

Same reason GTA V did not (yet) get its next gen version; $$$ . The number of PS3 owners out there is so much bigger than next gen buyers (and will remain bigger for years to come) that right now releasing major titles for the new platform would mean relinquishing a stack of money... simply because there are way less buyers. at least that's my guess. It's a shame though if you imagine how much better those games would look like.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Same reason GTA V did not (yet) get its next gen version; $$$ . The number of PS3 owners out there is so much bigger than next gen buyers (and will remain bigger for years to come) that right now releasing major titles for the new platform would mean relinquishing a stack of money... simply because there are way less buyers. at least that's my guess. It's a shame though if you imagine how much better those games would look like.

GTA V I get...it was definitely for the reason you mentioned, and better for it, they sold it by the truck loads.

Gran Turismo though? The last one wasn't that popular already, and this one I feel will be even lesser than that...developing it for the next generation console could have been a boost it desperately needed, even if it wasn't up to par with the other racers on the market. Forza 5 is becoming the top release title for Xbox One along with Battlefield 4...that's millions of copies moved, which I think Polyphony would have been quite pleased with.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Bc a lot of people cannot afford a ps4 now. And since a lot of people still have there ps3. It make sense

If we followed this logic we'd all still be playing NES and Sega's...they didn't do it because they didn't have anything TO release (as this Gran Turismo will be a lack luster release again that is just a slightly polished version of what we already have from the previous GT game). Like I said, they should have developed this game for PS4, and made it a launch title and marketed as that kind of exclusive game. It would have really brought GT back to relevancy...instead now, it sits in the shadow of Forza.

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
PS4 for me, but I'm happy with my PS3 right now. I'm going to wait a bit until more games come out and maybe a bit of a price drop before making the investment. Although if a Ratchet and Clank or Jak game came out before then I might make the jump early! I love both of those series!

vigilant

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I bought a Playstation 4. I had an Xbox 360 and my hand was cramping up a lot with FPSs. I was hoping that the Xbox One would fix it with the new controller. Didn't happen.

I had the chance to play just about all of the launch games a few weeks before launch and was generally not impressed. I don't care for the tile interface, never really played Kinect games and I wasn't happy with the controller.

I know there have been concerns about the performance, and I can say that the Xbox One does have a noticeably softer image in BF4 and COD but it doesn't really change the game play.

I've been happy with the Playstation 4. It's an excellent gaming device. To me, the controller is much much better. I buy all of my games digital now, and love not having to dig for my games through a menu system. That was actually a big pain point for me on the Xbox.

The other things come down to company policy and game lineup. Sony has been much more open towards Indie developers, and it shows. Resogun is a brilliant game. I don't think Microsoft is moving fast enough to make a meaningful difference in that area for the next year or so. The PS4 doesn't try to pretend to be more then it is. I have 3 AppleTVs in my house hooked up to a media server. Shoehorning in the tv stuff looks incredibly half baked, and the same goes for the voice commands. I got burned out on Halo franchise, and games like Infamous Second Son, and The Order look amazing.

To each their own, I can understand the value proposition of the Xbox One, it's just not for me.

vigilant

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
GTA V I get...it was definitely for the reason you mentioned, and better for it, they sold it by the truck loads.

Gran Turismo though? The last one wasn't that popular already, and this one I feel will be even lesser than that...developing it for the next generation console could have been a boost it desperately needed, even if it wasn't up to par with the other racers on the market. Forza 5 is becoming the top release title for Xbox One along with Battlefield 4...that's millions of copies moved, which I think Polyphony would have been quite pleased with.

I wish I could agree with ya. The best Forza game I've played has been Forza Horizons. The others had excellent mechanics but very vanilla game play. I played Forza 5 a few times and they definitely improved the visuals but the actual game play didn't have that feel of GT. GT5 could have gone down hill though. Last one I played was GT4 on the old PS2.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I wish I could agree with ya. The best Forza game I've played has been Forza Horizons. The others had excellent mechanics but very vanilla game play. I played Forza 5 a few times and they definitely improved the visuals but the actual game play didn't have that feel of GT. GT5 could have gone down hill though. Last one I played was GT4 on the old PS2.

Other Forza's had vanilla game play but the best was Forza Horizon? I'm not sure where to even begin with that comment man, Horizon was about as generic a racer as you will find on these consoles! Turn 10 and Playground Games even went into saying they "dumbed it down" for the sake of trying to create an open world type experience. If anything, Horizon's offering was more main stream than any of the actual Forza Motorsports titles. But hey, if that is how you feel, that's your opinion...

Having owned every single Forza and every single Gran Turismo thus far, I have to say that mechanics and attention to detail between the two, Forza is very dominant. I mean Gran Turismo used generic engine notes in the last game for god's sake! LOL! How can you make a racing game without specific engine noise per car these days? It's almost like leaving out customizations.

vigilant

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Other Forza's had vanilla game play but the best was Forza Horizon? I'm not sure where to even begin with that comment man, Horizon was about as generic a racer as you will find on these consoles! Turn 10 and Playground Games even went into saying they "dumbed it down" for the sake of trying to create an open world type experience. If anything, Horizon's offering was more main stream than any of the actual Forza Motorsports titles. But hey, if that is how you feel, that's your opinion...

Having owned every single Forza and every single Gran Turismo thus far, I have to say that mechanics and attention to detail between the two, Forza is very dominant. I mean Gran Turismo used generic engine notes in the last game for god's sake! LOL! How can you make a racing game without specific engine noise per car these days? It's almost like leaving out customizations.

Forza Horizons had a better soundtrack, and much better looking scenery on the tracks. I've owned them all too with the exception of GT5. Yes, Horizon was more am arcady racer but it filled in gaps that I had from the previous 4. I would have been on cloud 9 if they had kept all the mechanics from Forza 4 and did everything else.

I can't really speak for GT5 as far as the sounds. But the tracks I'm GT4 were beautiful, and while the mechanics weren't as dead on as Forza they were pretty good. Things like no damage on cars, and the ways cars rolled in GT4 really bothered me. But it was still a good game, with tons if variety in the courses you played on.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Forza Horizons had a better soundtrack, and much better looking scenery on the tracks. I've owned them all too with the exception of GT5. Yes, Horizon was more am arcady racer but it filled in gaps that I had from the previous 4. I would have been on cloud 9 if they had kept all the mechanics from Forza 4 and did everything else.

I can't really speak for GT5 as far as the sounds. But the tracks I'm GT4 were beautiful, and while the mechanics weren't as dead on as Forza they were pretty good. Things like no damage on cars, and the ways cars rolled in GT4 really bothered me. But it was still a good game, with tons if variety in the courses you played on.

But how did the soundtrack really attribute to the game play? You can listen to any music you want on the 360 so soundtrack to me is a bit of a moot point, since I listen to my soundtracks whenever I want, regardless of game. Scenery I guess comes down more to opinion than fact though, I personally feel the tracks on each Forza game (for their time) were beautifully rendered, and especially now on Forza 5...some of them are just drop dead gorgeous!

Gameplay is where I'm stuck though...Horizon's game play took the wonderful mechanics (as you said) and dumbed them down, and that killed me. And then their inability to offer traffic in online multiplayer really destroyed the idea of a MMO racer. I mean Test Drive did it with morons building the game engine, Turn 10 should have presented a masterpiece.

vigilant

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
But how did the soundtrack really attribute to the game play? You can listen to any music you want on the 360 so soundtrack to me is a bit of a moot point, since I listen to my soundtracks whenever I want, regardless of game. Scenery I guess comes down more to opinion than fact though, I personally feel the tracks on each Forza game (for their time) were beautifully rendered, and especially now on Forza 5...some of them are just drop dead gorgeous!

Gameplay is where I'm stuck though...Horizon's game play took the wonderful mechanics (as you said) and dumbed them down, and that killed me. And then their inability to offer traffic in online multiplayer really destroyed the idea of a MMO racer. I mean Test Drive did it with morons building the game engine, Turn 10 should have presented a masterpiece.

I agree on the music. The music on GT4 and 3 though added. Very lively and ramped you up. The tracks were also much more scenic. These things aren't world ending at all. But they added to the spirit of what made a GT game so much fun.

Forza has fantastic mechanics. Far better then GT4 did. Can't speak for GT5 though.

Forza 5 from what I've heard fixes a ton. When I played it though it felt like the same Forza with better graphics. I don't know. Love racing games would love to know for sure.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Physics are completely new on this version...the cars actually respond like actual cars on a track, and that may throw some people off, because Forza 5 is infinitely less forgiving. Cook it into a corner in a front wheel drive car? Prepare for a tidal wave of understeer to land you in a wall. All wheel drive car launches well off the line? Get ready for that weight to bite you in the *** against the other cars at speed around the track.

They really made the physics as close to perfect as I have ever experienced on this game, and man...acceleration and braking are really REALLY more important now, too much gas, you're losing traction and aint going anywhere...too much brake and you're unsettling the car.

It's by far the best Forza to date, even with the lesser car and track count.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Physics are completely new on this version...the cars actually respond like actual cars on a track, and that may throw some people off, because Forza 5 is infinitely less forgiving. Cook it into a corner in a front wheel drive car? Prepare for a tidal wave of understeer to land you in a wall. All wheel drive car launches well off the line? Get ready for that weight to bite you in the *** against the other cars at speed around the track.

They really made the physics as close to perfect as I have ever experienced on this game, and man...acceleration and braking are really REALLY more important now, too much gas, you're losing traction and aint going anywhere...too much brake and you're unsettling the car.

It's by far the best Forza to date, even with the lesser car and track count.

Do you use a driving wheel on the Forzas? Or do you just use the normal controller?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR