How can I fix network connectivity issues or errors?

I

iMore Question

network connectivity issues or errors

Why am I unable to download / open a game in Game Center, the note reads- not available, unable to load data due to network connectivity issues or errors, what does this mean, how do I correct it???

RogMoore

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
Re: network connectivity issues or errors

May be you are using the slow internet, just try to download it with high speed internet.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

Why am I unable to download / open a game in Game Center, the note reads- not available, unable to load data due to network connectivity issues or errors, what does this mean, how do I correct it???

Welcome to iMore! Are you able to open the game through the app shortcut on your homescreen (as you normally would) and then connect to Game Center that way? Does it happen with all games or only one game? If it's only a single game you might try deleting/reinstalling the game. If it's happening with all games try resetting your device by holding the power button and home button down until you see the Apple boot logo. If that doesnt work an iTunes restore might be in order.

Let us know if you continue to have problems. We're happy to help!

Jan 31, 2016
Visit site
I have the same issue as the person who originally posted this question.
I have been playing the Minion Rush game for a long time now. The game requires connection to the Game Centre in order to be able to play with Friends. Suddenly, overnight, could not play it anymore because connection to the Game Centre was lost, and with it I lost the game connection to Facebook Friends. First I thought it was something to do with the game. but trying to connect to the Game Centre from the Game Centre App makes me think it's the problem with the Game Centre. When I click on 'Friends' icon in the bottom bar of the main screen of the Game Centre the message comes up 'unable to load data due to network connectivity issues or errors'.
Outside the Game Centre - no issues at all. I can connect to Facebook, the Internet and WiFi both work fine. I was able to download the recent Minion Rush Game update from the App Store without any problems. I have removed from my Iphone 5S other apps I don't use, deleted lots of photos to free up space. closed the game, closed all apps, restarted, waited, started again. To no avail. The game support people have no clue what else to do.
I note that there are few people on the net searching for an answer to this same question. but not one saying that they have managed to fix this issue and how.
Would your suggested solution (to reset the device by holding the home and the power buttons together) delete all the data and software that I currently have on my phone? I'm hesitant to try it, as I may loose more than just the Game.
PLEASE HELP

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue as the person who originally posted this question.
I have been playing the Minion Rush game for a long time now. The game requires connection to the Game Centre in order to be able to play with Friends. Suddenly, overnight, could not play it anymore because connection to the Game Centre was lost, and with it I lost the game connection to Facebook Friends. First I thought it was something to do with the game. but trying to connect to the Game Centre from the Game Centre App makes me think it's the problem with the Game Centre. When I click on 'Friends' icon in the bottom bar of the main screen of the Game Centre the message comes up 'unable to load data due to network connectivity issues or errors'.
Outside the Game Centre - no issues at all. I can connect to Facebook, the Internet and WiFi both work fine. I was able to download the recent Minion Rush Game update from the App Store without any problems. I have removed from my Iphone 5S other apps I don't use, deleted lots of photos to free up space. closed the game, closed all apps, restarted, waited, started again. To no avail. The game support people have no clue what else to do.
I note that there are few people on the net searching for an answer to this same question. but not one saying that they have managed to fix this issue and how.
Would your suggested solution (to reset the device by holding the home and the power buttons together) delete all the data and software that I currently have on my phone? I'm hesitant to try it, as I may loose more than just the Game.
PLEASE HELP

I do not play the game and I do not have a Facebook account. Having said that, I don't know what to tell you. The problem could be with the app, Game Center or Facebook. You can try rebooting the device or logging out of Game Center and then logging back in to see if that helps.

Jan 31, 2016
Visit site
1. Would rebooting (as opposed to restarting) the device delete all the data and software that I currently have on my phone?

2. How do I logging out of Game Center and then logging back in if it doesn't have the log in or log out button? Do you mean just closing up the App?

please disregard my previous questions above.
I have figures out how to log out of the Game Center. It has worked. Thank you very much.

Last edited:

excaliburswrath

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site

I had the same problem on my iphone. Honestly I dont know how long i had the problem for because all my games were working great. I noticed the problem when I wanted to continue a game (Clash Royale) I started on my ipad. My ipad worked fine but on my iphone the game kept telling me I must be logged in to game center. I looked at game center and I was logged in but I couldnt see any of my friends or achievements. Every once in a while I would get a page stating "Unable to load data due to network connectivity issues or errors". I tried everything from login in and out of game center to restarting my phone but nothing worked. Finally i saw a video on youtube that helped me resolved the issue. I cant post the video, but you look for "How to Fix iOS 9 Game Center not working Error" by Viral Networks.

Heres the recap of the video:
1-Tap Settings>Game Center>Your Apple ID and sign out and then sign back in.
2-Restart your device
3-Force Restart by pressing the Sleep/Wake Button an the Home button until apple logo appears
4-Tap Settings>General>Date&Time and turn on Automatic (if Automatic is selected cycle to manual and back to Automatic)

Hopefully this will work it worked on me a few minutes ago.

UjeFO

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site

Corrected on my IPhone 5C but other devices may also work as I haven't seen this solution before on other posts

I had this problem too and have read through a few different sites and seen many different methods of how to correct this but I actually managed to correct this accidentally without realising at first that I had and I am not completely sure why it has worked. One if the ways that I came across was to log out and then log back into game centre to. I logged out of gam centre by going to settings and then game centre and then tapping on my account and logging out. But then when I had refreshed game centre to make sure that I had logged out I was still logged in and I had actually restored my game centre's "network error" problem. Not sure if this helps or not but I've seen a few messages from people with this problem too and just wanted to help fix the issue.

Sangria3

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Do this:
- Settings
- Game Center
- Touch your Apple ID
- Sign out
- Sign back in

If it doesn't work, try making your profile public and then try again. It worked for me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro