I have had this issue before but cannot remember how I got it corrected. When family share became available, i switch my kids apple IDs to a new iCloud.com ID (we were forced to because of age), now his game center account will not let him sign in and I cannot use the same nickname because it is already in use.

I ran in to this with my older son and was able to resolve back in September, but I cannot remember how I did that. Apple support states they cannot help (although I think maybe they fixed it last time). Has anyone run in to this and remembers how to resolve?

Thanks in advance for your help...
    04-03-2015 09:27 AM
    No. Never. When your son attempts to say He's inside in to Game Center, what error message does he get since you stated that it will not let him sign in? Is he signing in with the correct ID and passcode?
    04-03-2015 09:53 AM
    Yeah he is using the correct Apple ID and password. Once he goes to sign in, it prompts him to create a nickname. If we put in the same nickname he has been using for 2 years, it states it is already in use by another account.
    04-03-2015 10:02 AM
    Yeah he is using the correct Apple ID and password. Once he goes to sign in, it prompts him to create a nickname. If we put in the same nickname he has been using for 2 years, it states it is already in use by another account.
    Oh okay. Well, Apple Account Security/Support *should* be able to fix that for you. Without their intervention, his only option is to create a new nickname, in my opinion.
    g8slord likes this.
    04-03-2015 10:07 AM
    That was my thought , but they seem to be clueless. Thanks for the input..
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    04-03-2015 10:09 AM
    That was my thought , but they seem to be clueless. Thanks for the input..
    I'd call then again and hope that this time around, I'd get someone who is a bit more knowledgeable.
    04-03-2015 10:17 AM
    I would try logging into Game Center with the previous AppleId and either deleting the account or changing the nickname. Then logout and log back in with the new AppleId and try to set that nickname.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    04-03-2015 10:21 AM