Game alerts/challenges to games you don't have...

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Apple needs to address the issue of alerts/challenges to games currently not on the device. This is my number one annoyance with the iPhone currently. When you have 500 friends in Game Center you get quite a few of these. If I'm missing a simple way to stop these, please let me know.

ridiculocity

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Fully agree on this!!! so sick of clearing challenges to games I don't have or want. It's simply annoying. I actually feel bad myself now and think twice before challenging anybody on my list because I have so many games compared to my friends. I don't want to annoy them and shouldn't have to worry about this..

I hope Apple can come up with a solution.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Fully agree on this!!! so sick of clearing challenges to games I don't have or want. It's simply annoying. I actually feel bad myself now and think twice before challenging anybody on my list because I have so many games compared to my friends. I don't want to annoy them and shouldn't have to worry about this..

I hope Apple can come up with a solution.

There simply should be a way to say ignore requests from any app you choose. Should be simple enough.

ridiculocity

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
It should work like genius apps and realise don't have the game and block the request from coming. All your games are listen in GC even if they are uninstalled. I wouldn't mind if a request was sent for a game I had uninstalled it may prompt me to re-install it. For games I don't own tho. I don't want to know about it.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I'm considering just getting smarter friends. You know, the kind who can look at GC and see what apps you both have installed before inviting you to play.

I also wish you couldn't get invites from strangers...or do I just not remember who it is who keeps inviting me to play some dumb game that I'll never install?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I'm considering just getting smarter friends. You know, the kind who can look at GC and see what apps you both have installed before inviting you to play.

I also wish you couldn't get invites from strangers...or do I just not remember who it is who keeps inviting me to play some dumb game that I'll never install?

My friends list filled up when Game Center went live. I accepted everyone at that time. I'm a nice guy, what can I say. But I do like having a lot if people to play. Just wish you could reject requests from any app you choose.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Ya know, it's funny you say that. When GC first went live, my alert was going off night and day. I accepted everyone. This was in part to Ren? using a screen cap of his GC in a blog article showing my GC profile (thanks, Ren?...not). But at some point, maybe when I got a new iPhone?, I had to log back into GC, and all my contacts there were gone. Or maybe they're the ones from whom I keep getting bizarre requests....

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Ya know, it's funny you say that. When GC first went live, my alert was going off night and day. I accepted everyone. This was in part to Ren? using a screen cap of his GC in a blog article showing my GC profile (thanks, Ren?...not). But at some point, maybe when I got a new iPhone?, I had to log back into GC, and all my contacts there were gone. Or maybe they're the ones from whom I keep getting bizarre requests....

Sure you logged in under the same account for Game Center?

ridiculocity

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I need some GC people I actually know from forums, chat and fb. ATM I keep getting strange friend req from people with bio's with languages I can't understand.

GC - dreadcircus :)

Yell0w

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Are you guys getting requests from random people you don't even know? I don't even share my username to others.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Are you guys getting requests from random people you don't even know? I don't even share my username to others.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

No they are all people I am "friends" with. You can't get challenges from random people.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No they are all people I am "friends" with. You can't get challenges from random people.

Are you sure? I have been playing what I thought were random players on certain games. The last being basketball Showdown in 'exhibition' mode. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362773290.158645.jpg I have no idea who the heck Smok3y30 is...lol

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Are you sure? I have been playing what I thought were random players on certain games. The last being basketball Showdown in 'exhibition' mode. View attachment 28100 I have no idea who the heck Smok3y30 is...lol

Maybe I should have been more clear. I'm speaking of the challenges a game asks you to send to your friends after you get a high score or such. Not a random game. If you don't have the game you will not get those obviously but the high score challenges you get. Hope that makes more sense?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I'm confused a lot. And that has nothing to do with this thread. :)

Why doesn't GC allow you to get rid of friends?

quamdar

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm new to iphone (this week) but I don't see them changing this. Those challenges are extra incentive for you to buy the game since your friend has it which makes apple more money.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2