The last post wins!

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm supposed to get 150 down and 15 up, but with wifi I only get around 60 Mbps and 15 Mbps with a lot of devices connected. I need the Ethernet cable to get 180+, but the cable guy installed the router and wired it to a place in the house where my computer is not. It would require drilling the floor to get an Ethernet cable to the computer room... :(

That's a shame but the cable guy is not obligated to install the router where you like it. He only has to deliver a working situation, so he is not entirely to blame in this case. But I agree with you it's not convenient.
I hope you figure it out, buddy.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
That's a shame but the cable guy is not obligated to install the router where you like it. He only has to deliver a working situation, so he is not entirely to blame in this case. But I agree with you it's not convenient.
I hope you figure it out, buddy.

It's in a perfect part of the house, so the signal is strong everywhere. It's just not the right placement for the computer room, so I have to use wifi.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I want fiber in my area. The only real option is Comcast and their internet is extremely unreliable when on wifi, which is the majority of devices in my house. I get less than a quarter of the speeds that come with the internet package.

I didn't even know Fiber was an option when I first moved it. The apartment complex I'm in didn't say it was an option, on paper, or in person. I thought my only options were AT&T and Time Warner, so I had Time Warner. Until I noticed the Fiber box, then I setup an install time and cancelled Time Warner. They tried to sell me on 300mbps for $50/mo I think it was, because you'll only see around 330mbps on fiber and 300mbps is close enough. Whenever Fiber gets to your area, by anyone, jump on it, and then spend the money to buy a good AC5300 router. That's what I'm waiting to buy now. I currently have an AC1900 router and I'm getting nice speeds, and an AC5300 router will raise the ceiling on speeds. I want to see my iPhone and iPad max out at the 866mbps they can achieve.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Good Evening Everyone. Another cool night in my neighborhood. .
f93cfbbc484d3707a9b479757993662e.jpg

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Apple’s new line of laptops. They come in two different flavors, “Honey Crisp” and “Golden Delicious.” When apples aren’t in season, Apple will be using bananas.

Apple new laptop1.jpg

iHackPro

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Well, my Nexus 6 cracked yesterday, and I want to wait until the iPhone 7/7 Plus come out before using my upgrade, but this crack is really bothering me.

Plus, the phone is almost impossibly slow to use, and it has been for about the last two-three months. Nothing fixes it. I've done factory resets, tried different ROMs, even tried different kernels and changing clock speeds, but this thing is a slow piece of crap. The Nexus 6 subreddit has lots of people whose phones are like mine.

It's a shame I don't have my iPhone 5 anymore, I'd love to pop my SIM into it right now...ugh.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Well, my Nexus 6 cracked yesterday, and I want to wait until the iPhone 7/7 Plus come out before using my upgrade, but this crack is really bothering me.

Plus, the phone is almost impossibly slow to use, and it has been for about the last two-three months. Nothing fixes it. I've done factory resets, tried different ROMs, even tried different kernels and changing clock speeds, but this thing is a slow piece of crap. The Nexus 6 subreddit has lots of people whose phones are like mine.

It's a shame I don't have my iPhone 5 anymore, I'd love to pop my SIM into it right now...ugh.

Don't say we didn't warn you when you were going to switch to Android.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I don't have the strength to throw my unlocked iPhone across the ocean. Sorry dude.

But it's my prerogative to tell you what a mistake it was to buy an Android phone, being on an Apple forum and all.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox