The last post wins!

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I'd go with speed. Can't you just clone your current hard drive to the new one? They did that at work when they switched us from hard drives to SSDs. They had an attachment that made the new SSD into a USB drive (some sort of SATA to USB adapter). Then they booted from a DVD with Acronis True Image on it. Imaging software then cloned the existing hard drive to the SSD. After it was done, swap the SSD into the laptop and it booted up fine. I think Acronis is paid software but they may have a free consumer version or there's probably other similar software out there to do the disc cloning.

Oh I don't need any imaging software for that. Copy paste works just fine, you just have to disable hiding hidden files and I have to create a second partition for the bootmgr file to copy to.

It is a plan. And if it doesn't work, I can just fall back to doing it old school by reinstalling the OS manually..

Thanks for the idea.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Your order (T6L68K) at Helal Haarlem
Your order reference is: T6L68K

Your order has been processed and has been sent to Helal Haarlem

If you have any questions or remarks regarding the order you just placed, please call Helal Haarlem at 023-5274283. For less urgent questions about Thuisbezorgd.nl just click here.

Beware: you cannot reply to this e-mail! There is a possibility that Helal Haarlem will try to contact you. Please remain available at the telephone number you provided and keep an eye on your e-mail.

A delivery (depending on the restaurant!) usually takes 45-60 minutes. On Sundays and bank holidays the delivery time may increase. Bad weather conditions and traffic can also delay the delivery of your order. In these situations Helal Haarlem will normally contact you to inform you about the delay.
Unfortunately Thuisbezorgd.nl has no influence on the time Helal Haarlem takes to prepare and deliver your order.

On behalf of Helal Haarlem, Thuisbezorgd.nl would like to thank you for your order!

Payment method: Cash
You pay the exact amount

Your order

1x[Grote Broodjes] Broodje shoarma? 6,50
Delivery costs:? 2,00
Total:? 8,50

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I have decided to go with the extra storage. That way I can rearrange the partitions on my 8 internal disks and use my 1TB external disk as a backup disk for real important files.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Your order (T6L68K) at Helal Haarlem
Your order reference is: T6L68K

Your order has been processed and has been sent to Helal Haarlem

If you have any questions or remarks regarding the order you just placed, please call Helal Haarlem at 023-5274283. For less urgent questions about Thuisbezorgd.nl just click here.

Beware: you cannot reply to this e-mail! There is a possibility that Helal Haarlem will try to contact you. Please remain available at the telephone number you provided and keep an eye on your e-mail.

A delivery (depending on the restaurant!) usually takes 45-60 minutes. On Sundays and bank holidays the delivery time may increase. Bad weather conditions and traffic can also delay the delivery of your order. In these situations Helal Haarlem will normally contact you to inform you about the delay.
Unfortunately Thuisbezorgd.nl has no influence on the time Helal Haarlem takes to prepare and deliver your order.

On behalf of Helal Haarlem, Thuisbezorgd.nl would like to thank you for your order!

Payment method: Cash
You pay the exact amount

Your order

1x[Grote Broodjes] Broodje shoarma? 6,50
Delivery costs:? 2,00
Total:? 8,50

Re routing this order to my address for inspection and loading of questionable material before sending to above location

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Re routing this order to my address for inspection and loading of questionable material before sending to above location

You will need a heated case for the shawarma to not be cold at arrival.. It's better if I order one for you close to your place.. All expenses on me :)