The last post wins!

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm sick to my stomach because of this faulty hard disk.. It was the one with all my pictures on it.

And No the NSFW ones are on a different disk and guess what. The family photos are all gone

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Because of this
935bbd6a1b1d68c035fc2d87790b9a28.jpg

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I am running a error scan momentarily, maybe that will place the needle on the right place so I can at least salvage all my photos.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
You didn't jar your computer while it was reading the disk. Straight line looks like an arm to disk contact error

All of a sudden it started ticking few hours ago. I never jar my PC, I am too careful with it.

Yes it is an arm to disk error and I don't know how to fix it.

I can open the disk itself and try to move the needle but it will get dusty then and that's an even worse problem. So I'm trying everything else first.

If I can't save the disk, I have at least a backup of a few photos, but all family photos will be lost.

I just don't understand why I don't have a backup of it. Normally I have everything redundant

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
All of a sudden it started ticking few hours ago. I never jar my PC, I am too careful with it.

Yes it is an arm to disk error and I don't know how to fix it.

I can open the disk itself and try to move the needle but it will get dusty then and that's an even worse problem. So I'm trying everything else first.

If I can't save the disk, I have at least a backup of a few photos, but all family photos will be lost.

I just don't understand why I don't have a backup of it. Normally I have everything redundant

I know your a careful guy hope you can recover some photos

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative