The last post wins!

DroidArmy

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Will anybody else be joining T-Mobile if this keeps up? I think my 6s will be on T-Mobile. I'm just waiting a year for the already decent network in New Hampshire to improve. John Legere is kind of an inspiration to me for what he has done to the industry.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Will anybody else be joining T-Mobile if this keeps up? I think my 6s will be on T-Mobile. I'm just waiting a year for the already decent network in New Hampshire to improve. John Legere is kind of an inspiration to me for what he has done to the industry.

I am on tmo and it's an awesome career.

iHackPro

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
When we left AT&T, I wanted to go T-Mo because of faster speeds, but my parents decided on Sprint because it was cheaper.

Coverage isn't an issue because everyone has coverage where I live (Dallas area). I actually get better coverage at home with Sprint than I did with AT&T!

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site

I'm getting tmo as soon as I get to college as they have good coverage in Pensacola or when they get coverage at my house. Whichever comes first.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk

DroidArmy

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm getting tmo as soon as I get to college as they have good coverage in Pensacola or when they get coverage at my house. Whichever comes first.

I'm going to do my best to join T-Mobile, but I don't know how easy it will be.

We just upgraded our phones fairly recently (no more than a year ago). Our contract is pretty massive with AT&T, and we're paying a ton of money to them. If I switch, the rest of my family will be on AT&T for the next 2 years. It will easily be $50 more a month to make it happen, so I don't know if I can get it to fly. My dad wants nothing more than to lower our bill, so he may very well be up for the idea to start weaning off of AT&T now for the benefits down the road. If it was my own bill, it wouldn't be an issue. But it isn't. I simply can't throw down $50 of my own money a month for wireless service right now. I'm going to have to convince him, and that's tough.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm going to do my best to join T-Mobile, but I don't know how easy it will be.

We just upgraded our phones fairly recently (no more than a year ago). Our contract is pretty massive with AT&T, and we're paying a ton of money to them. If I switch, the rest of my family will be on AT&T for the next 2 years. It will easily be $50 more a month to make it happen, so I don't know if I can get it to fly. My dad wants nothing more than to lower our bill, so he may very well be up for the idea to start weaning off of AT&T now for the benefits down the road. If it was my own bill, it wouldn't be an issue. But it isn't. I simply can't throw down $50 of my own money a month for wireless service. I'm going to have to convince him, and that's tough.

I spend $55/mo for 10gbs with cricket wireless. At college I'm hoping for someone to go in with me on the 2 unlimited lines for $100/mo with tmo.

DroidArmy

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
I spend $55/mo for 10gbs with cricket wireless. At college I'm hoping for someone to go in with me on the 2 unlimited lines for $100/mo with tmo.

I honestly have no idea how everything will turn out. College is really expensive, as you know. It's already going to be a pain to pay for it. I may suck it up and just do it, but it's not necessarily an expense I want to add to the inevitable debt of college. I'm no stranger to paying my own bills, and I prefer to handle things by myself, but a cellular bill would wreak havoc on my bank account.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I honestly have no idea how everything will turn out. College is really expensive, as you know. It's already going to be a pain to pay for it. I may suck it up and just do it, but it's not necessarily an expense I want to add to the inevitable debt of college. I'm no stranger to paying my own bills, and I prefer to handle things by myself, but a cellular bill would wreak havoc on my bank account.

Yeah, college is very expensive. I'm very lucky that my dad owns a dairy farm, and will let me put cows in his herd. We calculated that with 9-10 cows in his herd I'll make about $1500/mo which will make the payment for college plus more without me having to lift a finger for it. I do plan on getting a job too(hopefully at a cellular store like Verizon or tmo or Att). Plus what I make from working over the summer, college shouldn't be a financial nightmare. Before we had all the financial details worked out it literally kept me up at night and I think I was starting to get ulcers from the stress.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
If you haven't set your mind on college or on a career path, I would consider some sort of technical work like diesel mechanics or something like that. Diesel mechanics usually make around $150k/year and can get work in any country in the world. Had I not set my mind on a bachelor degree and a job in the corporate world, I definitely would pursue a diesel mechanic certificate from a local community college.

DroidArmy

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, college is very expensive. I'm very lucky that my dad owns a dairy farm, and will let me put cows in his herd. We calculated that with 9-10 cows in his herd I'll make about $1500/mo which will make the payment for college plus more without me having to lift a finger for it. I do plan on getting a job too(hopefully at a cellular store like Verizon or tmo or Att). Plus what I make from working over the summer, college shouldn't be a financial nightmare. Before we had all the financial details worked out it literally kept me up at night and I think I was starting to get ulcers from the stress.

I'm not that lucky. I will probably have student loans during college. I'll be working as much as possible, too, to help pay off the cost of college. I do have a respectable amount of money put away for college, but I'll still have to work hard to make it work. That's the way it is for most people. The college system in the US sucks

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
The college system in the US sucks

That it does! I think Obama's plan to give free community college is a step in the right direction(don't want to start a political discussion here, lol) but I think we should follow Europe more when it comes to their education system. From what I've heard in Europe you get in high school the same education that here we would get in the first two years of college/or community college. I think that approach would be smarter because it would save money that we don't have.

DroidArmy

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
That it does! I think Obama's plan to give free community college is a step in the right direction(don't want to start a political discussion here, lol) but I think we should follow Europe more when it comes to their education system. From what I've heard in Europe you get in high school the same education that here we would get in the first two years of college/or community college. I think that approach would be smarter because it would save money that we don't have.

The UK fronts you the money for your degree. You only start paying it off when you have a job with a certain amount of income. If that never happens, they just write it off. Absolutely brilliant

DroidArmy

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
What are your plans after college? I'm hoping to become a Network Engineer or Systems Administrator. They make AN AVERAGE of 90k-100k a year. So basically, they make bank. Not doctor money (500k a year?!), but very good money.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
What are your plans after college? I'm hoping to become a Network Engineer or Systems Administrator. They make AN AVERAGE of 90k-100k a year. So basically, they make bank. Not doctor money (500k a year?!), but very good money.

I plan to get a job in my field of study, marketing. If I can't get one in marketing, just any job in the business field. My dream is to travel the world for a big corporation in marketing! If all else fails I'll just say screw it and go work for the oil industry and make $100k plus per year doing manual labor lol

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
b7d8b78d27c6b21679addb65f6a6e7fe.jpg

Progress! Still need a tie. Didn't like the ones at the mall where I bought my suit coat and dress shirts.

iHackPro

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I literally have no idea what I want to do, or even what colleges I want to go to. I'm confident that with my GPA and good standardized test scores I can get into a respectable college that I like.

Here in Texas, starting with the Class of 2018, we got to choose a "school career path" that let us take specific classes depending on what we wanted to do. I choose Business and Technologies, but so far, the classes are really basic and I haven't learned anything. I'm hoping that things pick up next semester.