The last post wins!

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Yes
And no it's not. Everyone who goes there goes by choice. I wouldn't smoke if I went to Chicago university(the most liberal university on earth) just because I don't do that because I don't want to destroy my lungs. I wouldn't drink either. At least not beer. Maybe wine or champagne.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk

Those are sincerely women's drinks.

I feel for you.

I rather have whiskey or martini.. No, not bourbon, that's American and not served in the EU.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Those are sincerely women's drinks.

I feel for you.

I rather have whiskey or martini.. No, not bourbon, that's American and not served in the EU.

Feel for me all you want. I'm going there by choice. I could go to other universities if I wanted. Don't try to tell me what I should do with my life. I'm free to go there with the same freedom that others have to go to other universities.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I really would appreciate it if you'd correct my worst grammatical errors though.

Because now I think my English is actually good

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
To be sincere. It was never my intention to start this type of conversation with the_tech_eater.

I'm just mildly teasing him and he is me.

But to be clear, I'm 34 and my beliefs are still being challenged.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
True. You can go to whatever universities that accept you.
But my opinion is that college is a time in life to challenge your existing beliefs. While smoking and drinking are not required for this, what is required is being surrounded by people of widely varying beliefs especially beliefs regarding religion, politics, social structure and social mor?s, etc. This is not to say you would/should change your mind. Some people will change and some people will have their existing beliefs strengthened through having them challenged and defending them. But I think going through this process is important for young adults and it doesn't sound like to me that a conservative Christian college would provide this type of environment.
But as you said, your choice.

You do have a point. And yes, the college I'm attending definitely wouldn't have that kind of environment. I have questioned whether maybe I should go to another college for reasons along those lines, but I just like that college too much to attend anywhere else.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
To be sincere. It was never my intention to start this type of conversation with the_tech_eater.

I'm just mildly teasing him and he is me.

But to be clear, I'm 34 and my beliefs are still being challenged.

I actually like having these kinds of discussions.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal