How can I prevent 'hidden' wall posts from showing on my Facebook News Feed?

The_Prodigy1982

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
As the title says;

Whenever I put a message on my facebook profile, only meant for certain people, I hide it for the rest of my contacts.
And that works great, as no-one else is able to read it on my profile.
But for some reason it still shows up in the News Feed on the main page for all my contacts to read.
What's the use of hidden posts if they still show up in News Feed??

- Is there a way to avoid this from happening??

The only reason I create these profile posts, is because some people are kinda lazy when it comes to reading their private messages, and by adding a tag to their name within the profile post, at least they notice the message.
(I don't have everyone's phone number, so WhatsApp is not always the solution)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
While awaiting a reply, please peruse the Facebook support site for a remedy. Thanks.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I really think contacting Facebook support is your best option. But I do have a question. Are you seeing this on your own news feed? If so, just because you can see it on YOUR newsfeed, doesn't mean that anyone else can see it. You might check your news feed from a friends FB account to see if you can see it.

The_Prodigy1982

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
I really think contacting Facebook support is your best option. But I do have a question. Are you seeing this on your own news feed? If so, just because you can see it on YOUR newsfeed, doesn't mean that anyone else can see it. You might check your news feed from a friends FB account to see if you can see it.
I got a notification that my post was seen by person x and y...