How can I get Facebook notifications working?

ptbolakers

May 19, 2015
Visit site
facebook notifications not working

I have checked and rechecked my settings for mobile notifications for facebook and nothing seems to be working. Even my text notifications are not working. Am I missing something simple that I am not doing? I am using iOS 9.3.1 on a iPhone 6+ Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is driving me crazy because other notifications are working fine like gmail, instagram, among others.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: facebook notifications not working

Check the usual suspects:

• Mute switch
  • volume controls
  • Do Not Disturb option
  • Bluetooth connectivity

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Re: facebook notifications not working

Along with checking the above, go in to your Sounds in the phone's settings and toggle the sound off/on or change them for FB and messages. If Gmail and other sound notifications are working then the sound files for FB and message may be corrupt.

garyf33

May 6, 2011
Visit site
I know this is an old post, but you ever get your notifications working? I've been having the same issue for months and can't figure out why.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I know this is an old post, but you ever get your notifications working? I've been having the same issue for months and can't figure out why.

Sometimes an app needs authorization to send you notifications. That authorization can be lost. To authorize again, delete the app and reinstall. It should ask for permissions. Not sure about Facebook. You may have to delete it from in Settings as well.

garyf33

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes an app needs authorization to send you notifications. That authorization can be lost. To authorize again, delete the app and reinstall. It should ask for permissions. Not sure about Facebook. You may have to delete it from in Settings as well.

Thanks for the info but I've done that numerous times on both my iPhone and iPad with no success.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro