Facebook Notifications not working

phish25

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Facebook notifications are not working at all. I don't have it "connected" in the settings. I just have the Facebook app. It was working just fine, until they changed all the privacy crap!!.. Ideas? In the settings , under notifications I do not see the Facebook app in there. :confused:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
[Moderator Note] This thread was re-titled & moved to the Facebook, Twitter, Google + and social section.

Have you tried deleting and then reinstalling the Facebook app?

phish25

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Yes I have. It still doesn't show Facebook being in the notification center. Could it be blocked by a desktop computer. I don't use Facebook at all so I have no clue ...

Frenchyduh

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Okay. I was having this problem too! But I found a solution.

I went into the notification area and made sure the banner or alert setting was on, and that it was set to show on my lock screen.
Then I opened up facebook and went to account settings.
I went to notifications > mobile push.
I unchecked every box and it automatically saves.
I restarted my phone.
Opened Facebook and went back into the notifications > mobile push and reselected all the boxes.
I restarted my phone again and it worked!

Hope it helped!

Tweet me if it did!
@FrenchyDUH :p

jsanteler

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I have the exact same problem. I have literally tried everything on the internet to solve this problem with no luck. The notification boxes wont stay checked. Did you ever find a solution for this?

mwolfe09

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Well here is my problem, as well I have tried multiple solutions to this problem.

I get the Red Circle on the Facebook App, but not a notification Pop Up like I do with all my other apps and Yes I have it on in Notification center. So if I do not look at the app, I will never know there is a new notification, very frustrating.

Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks...

Hugo de Luna

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem, and here's how I think I fixed it.

Go to your facebook app, account settings, notifications, email, select "important notifications about you or activity you've missed".

Go back to notifications, mobile push, and now you can check and uncheck the boxes and the changes will be saved.

Looks like is now working on both my iphone 5 and ipad 4 running iOS 7.

Hope this helps.

-Hugo

Les Sweeting

May 8, 2016
Visit site
The same is happening for me, but with Instagram, I have tried deleting it, restarting my iPad and then re-installing it and it didn;t work - what do I do now! and my time and date is up to date! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :huh:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW