Hey iMore!!

For those of you that have a Fitbit or are thinking of getting one in the near future, what makes the Fitbit stand out over other trackers? Is it price point, design, interface, etc? Talk to me.....
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    02-29-2016 10:08 PM
    I'm actually considering buying a fitbit just to test out when I start back running again within the next week or two. I like the design, price and weight of the fitbit products, but I haven't played with the UI yet. That could end up being the deal breaker.
    03-02-2016 10:42 AM
    I wear a fitbit charge HR on right wrist and Apple Watch on left wrist.

I love wearing the fitbit as it gives me quick access to info, and i still keep it on when I don't have Apple watch on other wrist and I am wearing one of my other watches.
    03-02-2016 11:52 AM
    I wear a fitbit charge HR on right wrist and Apple Watch on left wrist.

I love wearing the fitbit as it gives me quick access to info, and i still keep it on when I don't have Apple watch on other wrist and I am wearing one of my other watches.
    I tried that and couldn't get used to both devices. But that was with Pebble and Fitbit. Eventually ditched the Pebble and just wore the Fitbit. Then got the Charge HR to get the time/clock. Then Apple Watch.
    03-06-2016 07:46 AM
    I tried that and couldn't get used to both devices. But that was with Pebble and Fitbit. Eventually ditched the Pebble and just wore the Fitbit. Then got the Charge HR to get the time/clock. Then Apple Watch.
    Have your worn your Fitbit Charge HR since purchasing the Watch?
    03-06-2016 07:57 AM
    Have your worn your Fitbit Charge HR since purchasing the Watch?
    Gave it to my daughter
    Just_Me_D and mumfoau like this.
    03-06-2016 09:11 AM
    I'm actually considering buying a fitbit just to test out when I start back running again within the next week or two. I like the design, price and weight of the fitbit products, but I haven't played with the UI yet. That could end up being the deal breaker.
    Funny thing is that, to me, Fitbit doesn't have a UI. Ha I've not used the Charge HR but I have a Charge and the UI is in the app. They have a new one that just came out that REALLY looks the part of a smart watch more than anything they've released before it. I am currently considering an Apple Watch as a wear all the time do everything kind of device but I'm not sure I trust it for showering Etc.
    03-06-2016 11:30 AM
    Whats so good about them?
    03-06-2016 12:15 PM
    Whats so good about them?
    They're cheaper than an Apple Watch
    Their batteries last for days, or even weeks
    They're more targeted toward fitness so if you don't need all of the functionality of an Apple Watch but want fitness monitoring they're very attractive
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    03-06-2016 12:51 PM
    Funny thing is that, to me, Fitbit doesn't have a UI. Ha I've not used the Charge HR but I have a Charge and the UI is in the app. They have a new one that just came out that REALLY looks the part of a smart watch more than anything they've released before it. I am currently considering an Apple Watch as a wear all the time do everything kind of device but I'm not sure I trust it for showering Etc.
    My Watch is a "wear all the time, do everything" device........I'm considering the Fitbit out of curiosity. In no way, shape or form will it be a replacement for my Watch. No way!
    03-06-2016 01:35 PM
    My Watch is a "wear all the time, do everything" device........I'm considering the Fitbit out of curiosity. In no way, shape or form will it be a replacement for my Watch. No way!
    I'm so very intrigued by the watch! When I get back to home base I'm seriously considering selling my iPad Air 2 on Swappa and buying a grey Apple Watch Sport!
    03-06-2016 01:37 PM
    If you know others using them, the social aspect is unmatched on Apple Watch. Good for keeping up with your goals

Edit: meaning the Apple Watch doesn't match the social aspects of the Fitbit app/network.
    Last edited by robertk328; 03-06-2016 at 09:02 PM.
    03-06-2016 01:37 PM
    I'm so very intrigued by the watch! When I get back to home base I'm seriously considering selling my iPad Air 2 on Swappa and buying a grey Apple Watch Sport!
    Dude, go for it. I doubt you'll regret it...
    mumfoau and robertk328 like this.
    03-06-2016 01:41 PM
    Dude, go for it. I doubt you'll regret it...
    Love my watch but wait until 3/21 and see what happens. May get an updated version and/or possible discounts on current.
    Just_Me_D and mumfoau like this.
    03-06-2016 01:57 PM
    If you know others using them, the social aspect is unmatched on Apple Watch. Good for keeping up with your goals
    One huge advantage of Fitbit is the social aspect of fitness. They do a great job with it. It's great that my Apple Watch rewards me for standing or walking but wouldn't it be so much more powerful if I could challenge my friends? Or compare results? I would be so much more motivated. Rene and Serenity recently talked about this exact topic on the iMore Show.
    03-06-2016 08:02 PM
    One huge advantage of Fitbit is the social aspect of fitness. They do a great job with it. It's great that my Apple Watch rewards me for standing or walking but wouldn't it be so much more powerful if I could challenge my friends? Or compare results? I would be so much more motivated. Rene and Serenity recently talked about this exact topic on the iMore Show.
    I may have been unclear and edited my post above.

I meant the Apple Watch doesn't match the social aspects of the Fitbit app/network for the reasons you mention. The rings are nice but the rest of the badges, challenges with friends, etc on Fitbit make it a better choice. At least for now. I am sure Apple could come up with something cool/similar for Apple Watch.
    03-06-2016 09:03 PM
    Does anyone have experience using the iPhone Motion data with the Fitbit app via MobileTrack for an extended period of time?
    04-07-2016 07:39 AM
    Since getting my Apple Watch a few days ago, I'll be returning the Charge HR that I bought last Friday and my Charge will be worn at night only to serve as my silent alarm. The watch has quickly become the fitness buddy that I didn't know I wanted.
    04-15-2016 07:33 PM
    Since getting my Apple Watch a few days ago, I'll be returning the Charge HR that I bought last Friday and my Charge will be worn at night only to serve as my silent alarm. The watch has quickly become the fitness buddy that I didn't know I wanted.
    I knew you'd like the Watch....
    mumfoau likes this.
    04-15-2016 07:48 PM
    I knew you'd like the Watch....
    Love this thing! The goals with feedback really do it for me. Fitbit didn't have that. All of the other features are just icing on the cake!
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    04-15-2016 08:30 PM
    I've had a Jawbone for several years. My husband bought it for me not knowing if I'd get any usage out of it. That was an UP24. That was replaced with an UP2 (warranty replacement). I've been wearing it and using it (along with MapMyRun) and its done exactly what I would expect. The App is user friendly and easy..etc. The Jawbone trackers are VERY inexpensive now - so you can't go wrong.

I just bought myself a Fitbit Charge 2. Mostly because - I started walking with the girls in our office and they're all on the same 'challenges' and even some of my family member have Fitbits. The Charge 2 is a HUGE upgrade to what I had. The Jawbone UP2 didn't have heart rate monitoring, doesn't have a GPS, doesn't have most of the neat gizmos the Charge 2 has.

The connectivity with my family, friends, and coworkers will be a really nice benefit along with all the other UPgrades I have over my old Jawbone.

You can't go wrong with either..... depends on how much money you want to spend and how much 'tracking' you're actually going to do.
    02-11-2017 06:22 PM
    I started in November with the new charge 2 and then I wanted more so in January I got the ceramic AW2. But I miss Fitbit friend challenges so I bought the flex 2 because it's so small and I'm testing it in my sock! It's working really good and no one thinks I'm nuts for wearing two devices. I love my Apple Watch so much I can't give it up. And to think I didn't like wearing a watch before. I might get an ankle strap that I saw on Amazon because I'm afraid the flex 2 might fall out. Anyone have another great idea please let me know.
    03-12-2017 02:30 PM
    I used the Fitbit Surge for a few years and have since moved on to the Fitbit Blaze. While the color screen is an upgrade, and the Blaze is incredibly thin when compared to the Surge, I am not overly impressed. I wish I would have spent the extra few bucks and got the Apple watch.

Anyone want to trade? lol
    03-14-2017 10:59 AM
    As a ex fitbit wearing person. It did a great job at getting me to the point where I knew I needed to exercise. I knew where I needed to be amd it became a constant.

I later started running and the fitbit was great at showing me how many steps I had for the run but that was about it.

I bought a Garmin forerunner watch and all I can say wow. The amount of data it gives you is just amazing. I contemplated this or the apple watch but the week long battery life and exercise info sold me on the Garmin. If apple drops a new software or the next watch has great battery life I might change my mind.

For now though this Garmin is top notch for an athlete or a person that wants to be one.
    05-31-2017 08:41 PM