Fitbit vs. Other Fitness Trackers

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Hey iMore!!

For those of you that have a Fitbit or are thinking of getting one in the near future, what makes the Fitbit stand out over other trackers? Is it price point, design, interface, etc? Talk to me.....

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm actually considering buying a fitbit just to test out when I start back running again within the next week or two. I like the design, price and weight of the fitbit products, but I haven't played with the UI yet. That could end up being the deal breaker.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
I wear a fitbit charge HR on right wrist and Apple Watch on left wrist.

I love wearing the fitbit as it gives me quick access to info, and i still keep it on when I don't have Apple watch on other wrist and I am wearing one of my other watches.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I wear a fitbit charge HR on right wrist and Apple Watch on left wrist.

I love wearing the fitbit as it gives me quick access to info, and i still keep it on when I don't have Apple watch on other wrist and I am wearing one of my other watches.

I tried that and couldn't get used to both devices. But that was with Pebble and Fitbit. Eventually ditched the Pebble and just wore the Fitbit. Then got the Charge HR to get the time/clock. Then Apple Watch.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I tried that and couldn't get used to both devices. But that was with Pebble and Fitbit. Eventually ditched the Pebble and just wore the Fitbit. Then got the Charge HR to get the time/clock. Then Apple Watch.

Have your worn your Fitbit Charge HR since purchasing the Watch?

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm actually considering buying a fitbit just to test out when I start back running again within the next week or two. I like the design, price and weight of the fitbit products, but I haven't played with the UI yet. That could end up being the deal breaker.

Funny thing is that, to me, Fitbit doesn't have a UI. Ha I've not used the Charge HR but I have a Charge and the UI is in the app. They have a new one that just came out that REALLY looks the part of a smart watch more than anything they've released before it. I am currently considering an Apple Watch as a wear all the time do everything kind of device but I'm not sure I trust it for showering Etc.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Whats so good about them?

They're cheaper than an Apple Watch
Their batteries last for days, or even weeks
They're more targeted toward fitness so if you don't need all of the functionality of an Apple Watch but want fitness monitoring they're very attractive

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Funny thing is that, to me, Fitbit doesn't have a UI. Ha I've not used the Charge HR but I have a Charge and the UI is in the app. They have a new one that just came out that REALLY looks the part of a smart watch more than anything they've released before it. I am currently considering an Apple Watch as a wear all the time do everything kind of device but I'm not sure I trust it for showering Etc.

My Watch is a "wear all the time, do everything" device........I'm considering the Fitbit out of curiosity. In no way, shape or form will it be a replacement for my Watch. No way!

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
My Watch is a "wear all the time, do everything" device........I'm considering the Fitbit out of curiosity. In no way, shape or form will it be a replacement for my Watch. No way!

I'm so very intrigued by the watch! When I get back to home base I'm seriously considering selling my iPad Air 2 on Swappa and buying a grey Apple Watch Sport!

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

If you know others using them, the social aspect is unmatched on Apple Watch. Good for keeping up with your goals :)

Edit: meaning the Apple Watch doesn't match the social aspects of the Fitbit app/network.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm so very intrigued by the watch! When I get back to home base I'm seriously considering selling my iPad Air 2 on Swappa and buying a grey Apple Watch Sport!

Dude, go for it. I doubt you'll regret it...

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
If you know others using them, the social aspect is unmatched on Apple Watch. Good for keeping up with your goals :)

One huge advantage of Fitbit is the social aspect of fitness. They do a great job with it. It's great that my Apple Watch rewards me for standing or walking but wouldn't it be so much more powerful if I could challenge my friends? Or compare results? I would be so much more motivated. Rene and Serenity recently talked about this exact topic on the iMore Show.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
One huge advantage of Fitbit is the social aspect of fitness. They do a great job with it. It's great that my Apple Watch rewards me for standing or walking but wouldn't it be so much more powerful if I could challenge my friends? Or compare results? I would be so much more motivated. Rene and Serenity recently talked about this exact topic on the iMore Show.

I may have been unclear and edited my post above.

I meant the Apple Watch doesn't match the social aspects of the Fitbit app/network for the reasons you mention. The rings are nice but the rest of the badges, challenges with friends, etc on Fitbit make it a better choice. At least for now. I am sure Apple could come up with something cool/similar for Apple Watch.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have experience using the iPhone Motion data with the Fitbit app via MobileTrack for an extended period of time?

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Since getting my Apple Watch a few days ago, I'll be returning the Charge HR that I bought last Friday and my Charge will be worn at night only to serve as my silent alarm. The watch has quickly become the fitness buddy that I didn't know I wanted.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Since getting my Apple Watch a few days ago, I'll be returning the Charge HR that I bought last Friday and my Charge will be worn at night only to serve as my silent alarm. The watch has quickly become the fitness buddy that I didn't know I wanted.

I knew you'd like the Watch....;)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73