Apple Watch or FitBit for health tracking?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Ive been considering either an Apple Watch Sport or a FitBit for my wife. She never wears a watch so I'm mostly interested in the differences between the health tracking capabilities. What do you guys think? Which is better for health tracking?

tsparks1

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Ive been considering either an Apple Watch Sport or a FitBit for my wife. She never wears a watch so I'm mostly interested in the differences between the health tracking capabilities. What do you guys think? Which is better for health tracking?

In a nutshell FitBit. While I do like the Apple watch for fitness tracking I just don't feel it can offer what Fitbit can. If you go with the
Charge HR you get automatic sleep tracking, 24 hour heart rate monitoring and battery life of several days, it mhas a nice app and a very nice web interface as well. If she wants to go with a watch at any point they both co-exist nicely, I wear my Apple watch on one arm and on the other I use a Jawbone UP3, imo it's the best of the lot, charge it, put it on and forget it for 7 days, you get all the aforementioned benefits of the Fitbit and can shower in it if you so choose. Best app out there as well.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
In a nutshell FitBit. While I do like the Apple watch for fitness tracking I just don't feel it can offer what Fitbit can. If you go with the
Charge HR you get automatic sleep tracking, 24 hour heart rate monitoring and battery life of several days, it mhas a nice app and a very nice web interface as well. If she wants to go with a watch at any point they both co-exist nicely, I wear my Apple watch on one arm and on the other I use a Jawbone UP3, imo it's the best of the lot, charge it, put it on and forget it for 7 days, you get all the aforementioned benefits of the Fitbit and can shower in it if you so choose. Best app out there as well.

Thank you for the advice! I'm leaning in that direction because I just don't think my wife will utilize all of the features of the Apple Watch and she's terrible at charging her devices overnight. At least she'd only have to charge once a week with the FitBit.

tsparks1

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for the advice! I'm leaning in that direction because I just don't think my wife will utilize all of the features of the Apple Watch and she's terrible at charging her devices overnight. At least she'd only have to charge once a week with the FitBit.

True dat. FitBit is good, I've logged well over 4 million steps with them (the web interface keeps a running total for you). I'm firmly in the Jawbone camp now cause I wear it in conjunction with my Apple Watch, got over 2 million steps logged with Jawbone, for me its the best of both worlds, Apple watch on my left wrist and Jawbone on my right giving me an automatic and very detailed sleep analysis as well as reading heart data throught the day. Either would be an excellent choice for your wife imo.