Fitness? Heart rate, calories, steps and sleep rate?

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
The Pebble does not do any of that on its own. There are apps that do heartrate that can display on the Pebble. And fitness apps that push to the Pebble as well, but on its own no.

bilbothejust

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
iSmoothRun for iOS works fine with Pebble. You must place Heart Rate where the Pace normally is first then when you launch iSmoothRun it mimics RunKeeper and displays Time, Distance and Heart Rate (but is still labeled Pace).

kjparfekt

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
I just went for my first run with my pebble watch (kept my fuelband on at the same time) - the pebble watch was synced with Run Keeper and shows much more useful data - pace, distance, etc. much like the Nike running watch I tried once before. But as far as steps or other data throughout the entire day, no the pebble watch doesn't do that and I certainly wouldn't wear the pebble watch during basketball or other contact sports. For that reason I'm going to keep my fuelband for now. The notifications are amazing already and I've only been wearing it for a few hours. I anticipate an iWatch next year that will hopefully look stylish and replace both the fuelband and the pebble and I'll be set. I hope that helps answer your questions.

smileyboy

Aug 19, 2004
Visit site
I just went for my first run with my pebble watch (kept my fuelband on at the same time) - the pebble watch was synced with Run Keeper and shows much more useful data - pace, distance, etc. much like the Nike running watch I tried once before. But as far as steps or other data throughout the entire day, no the pebble watch doesn't do that and I certainly wouldn't wear the pebble watch during basketball or other contact sports. For that reason I'm going to keep my fuelband for now. The notifications are amazing already and I've only been wearing it for a few hours. I anticipate an iWatch next year that will hopefully look stylish and replace both the fuelband and the pebble and I'll be set. I hope that helps answer your questions.

Thanks. I have the same setup and have been using both as well. There's an app in beta for the Pebble letsmuv... It's ok. I'm with you. Let see what the iWatch does...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711