What do you love about the Pebble?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Do you own a Pebble smartwatch? If you do what do you love about it? What do you use it for most? Even if you don't would you like to own one? What do you want it to do? What do you like about the Pebble? Do you think this is where wearable tech is going or is it stil 1.0 of the technology?

DBKILLN

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I love that when I'm at a dinner date or a work meeting I don't have to constantly take my phone out my pocket for non-emergency notifications.
I like that the phone is simple looking that I can wear during work or during night and looks good with any attire, casual or business, I don't want nor do I need a smart watch that take pictures & does what my phone can do in a mini form, I'm not trying to get rid of my phone.
I love that the Pebble last for days, I don't need another device that I have to constantly charge, I love that it's water proof, you miss out on the USB micro but with that it wouldn't be water proof.
I'm loving the Pebble. :)

MacintoshDan

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I love being able to glance at the watch instead of pulling my phone out at a meeting, class, work, or with my friends. I also love the style and get plenty of complements when I wear it.

EEZ123

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
I got one as a Kickstarter backer. I love the simplicity of it. Now that it will show alerts for basically all apps it has a lot more functionality. I like that it doesn't try to be too much. I am a big tech geek and I could never see myself owning a watch that tries to do too much a la the Galaxy Gear. I don't need my watch to take pictures and type out texts on, that is what my phone is for. I also use it when I run with the runkeeper app and it sounds like more app integration is coming. The runkeeper app just shows basic info, but that is all I need when I run, again my phone will gather a lot more information to analyze later. I have owned some nice high end watches, but I get more compliments on the Pebble than every other watch I have owned combined. I like how you can change the watch faces and download and customize. All in all a worthy effort for a 1.0 version, but it will be interesting to see where wearable tech goes from here. I also have the hotwatch coming and I am excited to see how well that watch is done, it looks like it has a lot of potential, but may be overkill as far as functionality. Time will tell I guess.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I love that I can sit in meetings and still see my messages etc. that are coming in :)

thescragster

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I like the concept of it but it seems kinda big and bulky. Not really something a woman could wear.

I understand the statement that it's not really something that's designed for a woman to wear but I wouldn't go so far to say it's 'big and clunky'. I think the Pebble feels incredibly light when I am wearing it. That's one of the things I love about it

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I understand the statement that it's not really something that's designed for a woman to wear but I wouldn't go so far to say it's 'big and clunky'. I think the Pebble feels incredibly light when I am wearing it. That's one of the things I love about it

I said bulky not clunky. It's not about the weight it's about the real estate it takes up on your wrist. That being said I ordered one so we shall see.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
New update now makes the Pebble perfect for what I need it to do.

I was doing the "finger dance" to get my notifications on my Pebble before, but every time I rebooted the phone or the watch I needed to run through that again. Not anymore :) Now my notifications for everything I want goes right to the watch!!!

Cant wait for V2 to see what else changes for the better.

Microcosmos

Sep 19, 2005
Visit site
I like Smartwatch Pro for iOS. You have to keep the app open in the background on your phone for it to work (I found that out after about an hour of confusion), but it does work. I wish I could scroll through SMS like it lets you scroll through Twitter and Calendar messages, but I do like the added volume functionality it adds. As for the Pebble by itself, it works as advertised. I like that it works with Android devices too, because when Apple makes their watch I will buy that and can give the Pebble to one of my friends who insists on using Android ("Apple hater" :p ). But for now the Pebble will do. I love as others have mentioned being able to glance at my watch and instantly know who is calling, messaging r emailing me without having to awkwardly (in fact it can be rude sometimes) sneak a glance at my phone. Pebble will be obsolete for Apple fans within a year or so, I predict, but I can't wait that long!! :D

Microcosmos

Sep 19, 2005
Visit site
I like the concept of it but it seems kinda big and bulky. Not really something a woman could wear.

The face is a little bit bulky, but keep in mind there are aftermarket face covers and watch straps that will let you pretty much design the way it looks on your wrist.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I like Smartwatch Pro for iOS. You have to keep the app open in the background on your phone for it to work (I found that out after about an hour of confusion), but it does work. I wish I could scroll through SMS like it lets you scroll through Twitter and Calendar messages, but I do like the added volume functionality it adds. As for the Pebble by itself, it works as advertised. I like that it works with Android devices too, because when Apple makes their watch I will buy that and can give the Pebble to one of my friends who insists on using Android ("Apple hater" :p ). But for now the Pebble will do. I love as others have mentioned being able to glance at my watch and instantly know who is calling, messaging r emailing me without having to awkwardly (in fact it can be rude sometimes) sneak a glance at my phone. Pebble will be obsolete for Apple fans within a year or so, I predict, but I can't wait that long!! :D

What does the app do that the new software doesn't

Microcosmos

Sep 19, 2005
Visit site
Honestly I'm not sure, I got both at the same time, but I think the calendar view, Twitter view and volume controls are something that the Smartwatch app does; I don't think the Pebble app alone lets you scroll through calendar or reminder or Twitter, but I could be wrong on that?