I’m getting notifications about an airtag being found with me… it pops up multiple times per day. The only problem is, it’s literally my airtag that is paired to my phone. Anyone else getting this?
    09-12-2021 08:31 PM
    Thankfully I have not received any such notifications.
    09-13-2021 06:17 AM
    I’m using AirTags on my keys and my shoulder bag, and not experienced any erroneous notifications from either.
    Jude526 and scruffypig like this.
    09-13-2021 06:39 AM
    I’m using AirTags on my keys and my shoulder bag, and not experienced any erroneous notifications from either.
    Same
    09-13-2021 10:21 AM
    No issues with my AirTags
    03-15-2022 01:07 AM
    I have been getting these regularly.

I noticed yesterday that it is more likely to be triggered when I align the two NFC transceivers perfectly, with it reading the two AirTags I had on me.

I still prefer that to not knowing that someone else trying to track my stuff.
    Annie_M likes this.
    03-15-2022 07:46 AM
    The only notifications I've gotten is when one of my AirTags is not with me.
    kataran likes this.
    03-15-2022 10:59 AM
    I’ve now gotten two different erroneous AirTag notifications within the last week that my AirTag item is not with me when actually it is. Weird
    09-25-2022 01:51 PM
    I’ve now gotten two different erroneous AirTag notifications within the last week that my AirTag item is not with me when actually it is. Weird
    I noticed those happened when I’m next to a dense high-rise area, as those make GPS (and other satellite positioning systems) less precise.

I do have to note that I have not received those in over a year.
    ksassy likes this.
    09-25-2022 01:54 PM
    It might be worthwhile to submit feed back to Apple. Here's a link: https://www.apple.com/feedback/airtag/#mn_p
    ksassy likes this.
    09-26-2022 09:16 AM
    3293202[/URL]]I’ve now gotten two different erroneous AirTag notifications within the last week that my AirTag item is not with me when actually it is. Weird
    I’ve experienced a similar situation a while back when I first purchase one to put in my wallet, but have not experienced it since.
    ksassy likes this.
    09-26-2022 09:43 AM
    My AirTag has worked flawlessly since the beginning and the left behind notification come in a timely manner. My GF uses my car and she gets my AirTag following message like intended

So no issues here
    ksassy likes this.
    09-26-2022 02:53 PM
    I just got another erroneous AirTag notification while here at my home saying both of my items where not detected near by but when I tapped on the notification it said they were both indeed here at my exact location. What’s wild is both of my items (car keys and purse) are in the same room near my iPhone and I’m in a room next door with my Apple Watch. I can’t figure out why the sudden misreporting notifications but it’s done it now three times and each time the items are right near me. I’ve reported it to Apple but come on AirTags I need for you be reliable as I’ve come to know until now. I have no clue what the heck is going on with my AirTags
    09-26-2022 07:58 PM
    I just got another erroneous AirTag notification while here at my home saying both of my items where not detected near by but when I tapped on the notification it said they were both indeed here at my exact location. What’s wild is both of my items (car keys and purse) are in the same room near my iPhone and I’m in a room next door with my Apple Watch. I can’t figure out why the sudden misreporting notifications but it’s done it now three times and each time the items are right near me. I’ve reported it to Apple but come on AirTags I need for you be reliable as I’ve come to know until now. I have no clue what the heck is going on with my AirTags
    How’s the battery status on the tags?
    09-26-2022 08:08 PM
    How’s the battery status on the tags?
    I replaced the batteries on both with new just two months ago.
    kataran likes this.
    09-26-2022 08:10 PM
    I replaced the batteries on both with new just two months ago.
    There go all my ideas. Maybe restarting the AirTag?
    09-26-2022 09:32 PM
    There go all my ideas. Maybe restarting the AirTag?
    Funny you mention that because I did a reset on both of my AirTags (rebooted my iPhone and Apple Watch) after it happened twice thinking maybe it would clear whatever error is going on but no dice there since it happened again today. I did find on Reddit some other users have had this same issue of the left behind notification not working properly with the AirTag sending an erroneous notification that the item is no longer detected near by when the item is actually right there but no resolution seems to have been found. Both of my AirTags have worked perfectly until recently so I’m not sure what else I can do to fix this wonky error.
    09-26-2022 10:11 PM
    One more question about batteries. Did you by any chance get the batteries without the child-proof coating? This could be a long shot, but I thought I'd mention it on the off chance that it could be causing the problem. Apparently, batteries with the child-proof coating (some sort of bitterant) don't work well with the AirTags.
    kataran likes this.
    09-27-2022 12:49 PM
    One more question about batteries. Did you by any chance get the batteries without the child-proof coating? This could be a long shot, but I thought I'd mention it on the off chance that it could be causing the problem. Apparently, batteries with the child-proof coating (some sort of bitterant) don't work well with the AirTags.
    No child proof coating on mine as I bought the Energizer CR2032 battery pack which are recommended and not the Duracell which are known to have the child secure bitter coating.
    Annie_M likes this.
    09-27-2022 01:00 PM
    No child proof coating on mine as I bought the Energizer CR2032 battery pack which are recommended and not the Duracell which are known to have the child secure bitter coating.
    Well, shoot. I was hoping that maybe "that" was what was causing your issue. Fingers crossed that this is figured out soon. Hopefully, there will be a firmware update released soon.
    ksassy likes this.
    09-27-2022 02:17 PM
    So… today, the "AirTags with you" decided to really make sure that I knew I had AirTags with me.

Of course, they're all from the same AirTag, that are mine
    I just find it funny given the circumstance.

ksassy likes this.
    10-24-2022 09:21 PM