Has anyone used an AirTag yet to help them find something?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone used an AirTag yet to help them find something?

I actually did yesterday. I have an AirTag attached to my keys, which were in my purse. We were late for a family dinner last night, and of course, I couldn't find my purse. I remembered that my keys were in the purse, so I grabbed my iPhone, opened up the Find my App, tapped on items, and was given step-by-step directions to where my purse was. It was awesome, and even my husband was grudgingly impressed.

:D

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
7ed7843e5c0b4d00fc0909b446a1a962.jpg

Today I walked out of the salon with products in hand along with my car keys but forgot my purse. I barely got down the street and realized my purse wasn’t in the car. I freaked out but then remembered I had an AirTag inside of my purse. So I immediately I pulled over and launched Find My. Thank goodness it was still in the salon shop where I accidentally left it not more than 5 minutes ago. I’m so glad I had thought to purchase an additional AirTag and Apple AirTag loop which I attached to a key ring on the inside of my purse on the zipper pouch. I already have an AirTag and Apple leather key ring attached to my car keys but this time they were separate. I’m happy I have two AirTags. Whew thank you Apple AirTag

Modelflier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I haven’t had to use it in earnest to find my keys yet, but one thing I did notice is that if you have used the app, perhaps to test the tag, then when you’re done you should close the app from the app switcher screen.
The reason is, if you don’t, it will literally ‘eat’ up your phones battery whilst running in the background. Check your battery status and see which app has used the battery most and you’ll find it at the top of the list!

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I haven’t had to use it in earnest to find my keys yet, but one thing I did notice is that if you have used the app, perhaps to test the tag, then when you’re done you should close the app from the app switcher screen.
The reason is, if you don’t, it will literally ‘eat’ up your phones battery whilst running in the background. Check your battery status and see which app has used the battery most and you’ll find it at the top of the list!

Thanks for the great tip!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2