Catalina 10.15.4 External Display New HDR Setting Bug

Feb 26, 2020
Visit site
With the recent update comes an 'HDR' setting, in displays settings. The new HDR setting is on, by default.
My external monitor (LG 27UK850-W 27" 4K Ultra HD IPS, HDR) looks like its on acid. Colours have turned fluorescent and there's a cast across everything. Apple have had a couple of reports of this bug and are looking into it...If an external display is essential, don't update just yet!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the tip. By the way, I assume the display issue only lasts while connected to your Mac running the latest macOS version?

Feb 26, 2020
Visit site
yes, and it was perfect on that till the update. Apple have acknowledged it's the new HDR setting. It seems that really, it shouldn't be on as default because (I assume) all but the most recent most expensive monitors will not support it, and cause problems.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
yes, and it was perfect on that till the update. Apple have acknowledged it's the new HDR setting. It seems that really, it shouldn't be on as default because (I assume) all but the most recent most expensive monitors will not support it, and cause problems.

Agreed, but it’s not uncommon for Apple to enable the latest features by default. Still, I hope they resolve the issue fairly quickly for you, sir.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711