AirPort Time Capsule 3 TB Share Storage

lawful73

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I have and AirPort Time Capsule with 3 TB of disk storage. I would like to store there photos, videos and files, and of course my Time Machine Backups...

I understand it is not possible to partition the 3 TB disk storage inside my AirPort Time Capsule. Questions:

1) Is it ok if I storage photos, videos and other files plus my Time Machine Backups?? Any risk?
2) Since I can't create a partition inside my AirPort Time Capsule, is it better if I create a Disk Image for the photos, videos and files in order to separate them from my Time Machine Backups?? any other idea?

Thank you very much in advance!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It’s been a while since I last used my Apple Time Capsule, but I did use it as an ordinary backup solution via the Finder on my MacBook.

lawful73

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
It’s been a while since I last used my Apple Time Capsule, but I did use it as an ordinary backup solution via the Finder on my MacBook.

Thank you, but what do you mean by ordinary back up solution? Time Machine copies plus other files and folders at the same time?

lawful73

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Yes. I recall using it like a typical external drive.

Thank you again. Yes, we agree it can be used as an external hard drive... but my question is if AirPort Time Capsule can be used for Time Machine backups and as an ordinary external hard drive at the same time with no risk to ruin Time Machine backups.

I can’t remember where, but I read somewhere that using AirPort Time Capsule for (Time Machine backups and an ordinary external hard drive at the same time) might corrupt or ruin Time Machine backups.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2