Should Apple display a renewed commitment to the AirPort Extreme & Time Capsule?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Better yet, since Apple maintains a commitment to privacy, should it refocus its attention on the Apple AirPort Extreme and the Apple Time Capsule? Perhaps create one of both with privacy as it top priority? For example, create them with a built-in VPN connection that connects to VPN servers it controls.

Reactions: Not Quite Right

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
With mesh wifi networks being all the rage in home networking I'm hoping Apple focuses on developing that technology rather than renewing commitments to old technology. Then again, if they could make some new products that incorporate the features of their existing stuff (i.e. local backup) that would be just perfect for me.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
D you've hit the nail on the head. It would be so beneficial to Apples privacy approach. I want stupid simple control over complex devices.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I use my Broadband providers router, A reason I might consider actually purchasing one, would be from a company that majored demonstrably in privacy. It is suggested above, I would like to see one.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234