Are You Buying the New Keyboard and Trackpad/Mouse?

Eddster

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I like that Apple's new Magic Keyboard and Trackpad now have built in batteries for recharging instead of using AA batteries. But I think the prices are a little steep at $99 and $129, respectively. Anyone buying these new items right away?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I have to admit Apple prices are mostly higher that average, but 63+ million consumers still buy their products.
Apple's quality and customer service is second to none and I will still purchase their products....WORKS for ME

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
i will buy the trackpad but i am not in a rush- want to see what programs work with the force touch first before I invest. I love my original trackpad and it works just fine right now

TeemuPRKL

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
Strongly considering the new trackpad for my Mac Mini. I already have the earlier versions of the wireless keyboard and Magic Mouse so these new ones don't seem that much of an upgrade.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Negative. The new ones do look nice of course, and the ability to charge them is a very good incentive for purchase. However, the keyboard and track pad that came with my iMac are suitable enough for me.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I first purchased the Magic Trackpad 2 a few days ago, all I can say is WOW! It is a huge improvement over the previous version. I love force touch and the larger size makes using it more enjoyable. One thing I noticed is that the trackpad angle is not a steep as the original wireless keyboard which forced me to pick up the new keyboard today. Again Wow! I love the way the new keyboard feels, it is a little shallower however the keys are bigger and much better balanced than the previous keyboard. The two together were expensive however I thin they were very much worth it.

John Martinec

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
I first purchased the Magic Trackpad 2 a few days ago, all I can say is WOW! It is a huge improvement over the previous version. I love force touch and the larger size makes using it more enjoyable. One thing I noticed is that the trackpad angle is not a steep as the original wireless keyboard which forced me to pick up the new keyboard today. Again Wow! I love the way the new keyboard feels, it is a little shallower however the keys are bigger and much better balanced than the previous keyboard. The two together were expensive however I thin they were very much worth it.
Do you notice any hesitation or delay using the Magic Trackpad 2? For example if you want to move the cursor, but it doesn't move for a split second, then it will move. Usually happens for me when I am scrolling through a web page or a new web page is loaded. I didn't notice this on the old trackpad.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

Over a month later- still loving the new trackpad?

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
i have an Apple wireless keyboard and trackpad. i use both when at home.
i have an Apple wireless mouse which i keep in my laptop case for use with my MacBook Air when away from home
all are great.
Good Luck

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711