Hey guys,

My mom has a MacBook Air (2013 model I believe, I can list full specs if necessary) and she is looking for a monitor where she can use the Air as a docking station of sorts. But the 27" Apple monitor for $1k is way more than anything she would need (would rather buy her an entry level PC desktop for half the price or less), but best option would still be to get a monitor and just hook up the a Air to it.

Anybody have an idea what my best option would be other than the Apple thunderbolt monitor?

Thanks guys!
    06-01-2015 06:14 PM
    None that I can think of at the moment. Hopefully, others will reply soon.
    06-01-2015 07:35 PM
    I think Dell usually has some good deals on monitors.
    SaMaster14 likes this.
    06-01-2015 07:50 PM
    06-01-2015 08:39 PM
    I bought a 23" Lenovo monitor at Best Buy
    Connected it to my MacBook Air with a Thunderbolt/HDMI Adapter cable.
    No cradle necessary.
    Using the monitor with the MacBook Air lid closed.
    Cost me about $300 total.
    Good Luck

edit: Make that about $220 total
    Last edited by TurboTiger; 06-01-2015 at 09:42 PM.
    SaMaster14 likes this.
    06-01-2015 09:16 PM
    Thanks guys! I will look into all of the products mentioned. Seems like they are all just what I'm looking for!
    06-02-2015 03:28 AM
    Thank you for all the info guys! I think I will be going with this one for my mom! Dell UltraSharp 27"
    Dell UltraSharp 27 Multimedia Monitor - UZ2715H

Seems like it has everything I need! Will be picking up a mouse, HDMI cable, Thunderbolt-HDMI adapter, and keyboard.

One question though; Will I need to buy USB connected keyboard/mouse, or will the bluetooth ones work with the monitor?
    TurboTiger likes this.
    06-09-2015 04:27 AM
    Thank you for all the info guys! I think I will be going with this one for my mom! Dell UltraSharp 27"
    Dell UltraSharp 27 Multimedia Monitor - UZ2715H

Seems like it has everything I need! Will be picking up a mouse, HDMI cable, Thunderbolt-HDMI adapter, and keyboard.

One question though; Will I need to buy USB connected keyboard/mouse, or will the bluetooth ones work with the monitor?
    Bluetooth keyboard and mouse will connect to the MacBook Air. Monitor doesn't matter.
    SaMaster14 likes this.
    06-09-2015 08:22 PM
    I bought 2 Dell IPS monitors at BestBuy, bought a Pluggable USB 3 docking kit, and keyboard/mouse. Works great with my MacBook Pro, as well as my Wintel devices. I use that dock with the monitors, keyboard and mouse for all of my computers and it works great. Less than $500 on everything (except the laptops)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    TurboTiger likes this.
    07-11-2015 05:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD