Hi folks. So I'm planning to get my father a Magic Mouse for his birthday. He seems to love the design. I'm only confused regarding one thing. He uses a HP elite book with windows 7. Will the Magic Mouse work with his laptop?

If you guys can confirm it works then I'll buy it right away. Thanks!
    02-16-2015 12:24 AM
    I had to install some third party drivers to get it one hundred percent. This is the guide I used

How To Configure An Apple Magic Mouse To Work On A Windows PC

I don't really like this mouse. It does look good on a desk but it is not very ergonomic. Although I game a lot. I do swap it out with a logitech mouse as I like the touch interface on OS X so when I'm just doing basic work and don't need a fine pointer, I'll use it.

No idea if you'll have issues trying to get it to work with a non-Apple computer though. I would assume all of the drivers would still work.
    iwicked likes this.
    02-16-2015 12:36 AM
    I had to install some third party drivers to get it one hundred percent. This is the guide I used

How To Configure An Apple Magic Mouse To Work On A Windows PC

I don't really like this mouse. It does look good on a desk but it is not very ergonomic. Although I game a lot. I do swap it out with a logitech mouse as I like the touch interface on OS X so when I'm just doing basic work and don't need a fine pointer, I'll use it.

No idea if you'll have issues trying to get it to work with a non-Apple computer though. I would assume all of the drivers would still work.
    Thanks a lot for the link Algus. I checked the apple store website and they say that Magic mouse works with windows but the swipe and scroll gestures are not supported. It'll basically a normal mouse with great looks. But that's fine for me. Did you try using the instructions from the link on a windows pc/laptop?
    02-16-2015 12:50 AM
    I run Bootcamp on a Mac Mini for compatibility with certain computer games. I do use the third party software in the guide. Touch works ok. I don't think it has full support but scrolling works. I had to tinker with it a bit to get the sensitivity right. That is an issue with this mouse on OS X as well though. Just increase tracking speed under settings if it is to slow for you. Control Panel -> Input or something like that. I have only tested under Windows 7 but I assume the software all works with Windows 8 as well

No reason that I can think of why it wouldn't work simply because you are using a Windows laptop instead of a dual-booted Mac computer. They're both still running Windows.
    iwicked likes this.
    02-16-2015 12:59 AM
    Thanks Algus. I'm sure it would run fine on my MacBook but it's for my fathers HP laptop. I suppose installing the files from the link you shared won't be an issue on the windows laptop since they are meant to work with Windows?

I checked out a few windows forums and they seem to work fine. Only click and scrolling works. I have saved the link you shared and counting on that I will go ahead and buy the mouse for my father. I just hope it works!
    02-16-2015 01:15 AM
    I wanted to confirm that using the links in the article you shared has worked great. The mouse is working fine. Thank you Algus!
    hydrogen3 likes this.
    02-19-2015 12:24 AM