Magic Mouse compatibility with Windows laptop?

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi folks. So I'm planning to get my father a Magic Mouse for his birthday. He seems to love the design. I'm only confused regarding one thing. He uses a HP elite book with windows 7. Will the Magic Mouse work with his laptop?

If you guys can confirm it works then I'll buy it right away. Thanks!

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I had to install some third party drivers to get it one hundred percent. This is the guide I used

How To Configure An Apple Magic Mouse To Work On A Windows PC

I don't really like this mouse. It does look good on a desk but it is not very ergonomic. Although I game a lot. I do swap it out with a logitech mouse as I like the touch interface on OS X so when I'm just doing basic work and don't need a fine pointer, I'll use it.

No idea if you'll have issues trying to get it to work with a non-Apple computer though. I would assume all of the drivers would still work.

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I had to install some third party drivers to get it one hundred percent. This is the guide I used

How To Configure An Apple Magic Mouse To Work On A Windows PC

I don't really like this mouse. It does look good on a desk but it is not very ergonomic. Although I game a lot. I do swap it out with a logitech mouse as I like the touch interface on OS X so when I'm just doing basic work and don't need a fine pointer, I'll use it.

No idea if you'll have issues trying to get it to work with a non-Apple computer though. I would assume all of the drivers would still work.

Thanks a lot for the link Algus. I checked the apple store website and they say that Magic mouse works with windows but the swipe and scroll gestures are not supported. It'll basically a normal mouse with great looks. But that's fine for me. Did you try using the instructions from the link on a windows pc/laptop?

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I run Bootcamp on a Mac Mini for compatibility with certain computer games. I do use the third party software in the guide. Touch works ok. I don't think it has full support but scrolling works. I had to tinker with it a bit to get the sensitivity right. That is an issue with this mouse on OS X as well though. Just increase tracking speed under settings if it is to slow for you. Control Panel -> Input or something like that. I have only tested under Windows 7 but I assume the software all works with Windows 8 as well

No reason that I can think of why it wouldn't work simply because you are using a Windows laptop instead of a dual-booted Mac computer. They're both still running Windows.

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Algus. I'm sure it would run fine on my MacBook but it's for my fathers HP laptop. I suppose installing the files from the link you shared won't be an issue on the windows laptop since they are meant to work with Windows?

I checked out a few windows forums and they seem to work fine. Only click and scrolling works. I have saved the link you shared and counting on that I will go ahead and buy the mouse for my father. I just hope it works!

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I wanted to confirm that using the links in the article you shared has worked great. The mouse is working fine. Thank you Algus! :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73