Hey Everyone,

So i have a 2nd gen time capsule that i've been using for a few months, anyway, the past few days i notice that it drops wifi periodically. i have reset it and started over, but it still happens. does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
    08-24-2014 08:08 PM
    Is it dropping the Wi-Fi signal or are you dropping the connection to the Internet via Wi-Fi? The reason I ask is that if it's the latter, the problem could lie with your the router.
    08-24-2014 08:32 PM
    sorry, i should have described it better. What happens is i could be using my iphone, and all of a sudden my wifi will disspaear and i can't find a signal, then it'll come back, then dissappear, etc. I switched back to my old wireless router and have no issues, which makes me beleive its the time capsule and not the modem.
    08-25-2014 11:02 AM
    sorry, i should have described it better. What happens is i could be using my iphone, and all of a sudden my wifi will disspaear and i can't find a signal, then it'll come back, then dissappear, etc. I switched back to my old wireless router and have no issues, which makes me beleive its the time capsule and not the modem.
    Oh okay. Now, your time capsule emits 2 frequencies, right? 2.5 GHz and 5 Ghz. Which one are you connected to with your iPhone? Whichever it is , try connecting with the other. With my time capsule, I have my i-Devices and MacBook connected via 5 GHz while my Kindle, wireless printer, etcetera connect via 2.5 GHz.
    08-25-2014 11:22 AM
    How can I tell which it's connected to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    08-25-2014 11:33 AM
    How can I tell which it's connected to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If dual band is enabled, you should see the name of your Wi-Fi network listed twice in the list of available Wi-Fi networks. One should have "5GHz" next to it. For example:

iMore
    iMore 5GHz
    Last edited by Just_Me_D; 09-13-2015 at 08:47 AM.
    08-25-2014 11:35 AM
    I have the same issue when connected to 5GHz. It's a Time Capsule firmware driver issue I believe.
    09-13-2015 03:03 AM
    Hey Everyone,

So i have a 2nd gen time capsule that i've been using for a few months, anyway, the past few days i notice that it drops wifi periodically. i have reset it and started over, but it still happens. does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
    Mine started doing the same right after the latest Apple event.
    09-22-2015 10:27 PM