27" Apple display 2010 for $400

anon(161369)

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Hello I recently came across an ad for an apple 27" display for 400 dollars on Craigslist the display seems in good condition but would like to know if it merits the price or In other words if it's a "good deal"' thanks in advance for any help provided

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Peter Cohen

iMore staff
Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
It certainly _could_ be a good deal depending on quality and condition — that display cost $1000 when it was new. $400 is less than I see them on eBay.

If you don't need some of the features of the Cinema Display — the built-in MagSafe power adapter, USB ports or mini DisplayPort — you can get a much less expensive 27-inch LED display new, from reputable online resellers like Newegg.com, for a fraction of the price. It won't have an Apple logo on it and you'll need to use an adapter to connect it, but it'll work perfectly well. (I have a 23-inch ViewSonic I picked up a few years ago that's worked great with every Mac I've connected it to.)

I might consider taking a look to figure out a) what gives you the best bang for the buck and b) whether you're willing to chance a private sale compared to a factory warranty on new product.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox