Airport time capsule question

nokia4life

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone i am knew to apple outside of iPhone and the new macbook pro that i got. So I just purchased the AirPort Time Capsule i currently have ATT Uverse for internet only and what i want to is just disconnect that 2wire modem and hook up the Airport Time Capsule would this work? I don't have TV or Phone just internet with them, if it does not work this way would anyone be able to give a newb to routers and what not a quick rundown of how i should hook this up i have been staring at it for two days but i don't want to open it if it can't be used as i would like. Also does this thing get faster speeds than what i would normally get i currently have the 24mps up plan with uverse however it never really gets there its about 14mps up. Thanks for the help in advance.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
You'll still need the AT&T supplied device... you can then hook the time capsule to it - and use the time capsule for all your iDevices to connect to and go through your AT&T device to reach the internet.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
In addition to what kch50428 has stated, you can substitute an AT&T supplied DSL modem with one that is supported by & compatible with AT&T's DSL service. In either instance, you must connect your Time Capsule to it.

nokia4life

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
You'll still need the AT&T supplied device... you can then hook the time capsule to it - and use the time capsule for all your iDevices to connect to and go through your AT&T device to reach the internet.

so if i have to still use the att 2wire for internet did i just waist my money getting the airport time capsule? i thought this was a router that would perform better with the benefits of backing up the phones and macbook it seems that i should have went with the just a time capsule instead of the more expensive airport time capsule as i wanted this to be my wifi router and not the 2wire

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
so if i have to still use the att 2wire for internet did i just waist my money getting the airport time capsule? i thought this was a router that would perform better with the benefits of backing up the phones and macbook it seems that i should have went with the just a time capsule instead of the more expensive airport time capsule as i wanted this to be my wifi router and not the 2wire

Phones don't backup to Time Capsules directly... they back up to iCloud, and can wifi sync and backup over wifi to your MacBook, and that would backup to the time capsule. The AT&T 2wire is a modem for the internet connection primarily - and may also be a wifi hotspot... the TimeCapsule is a storage device, and also a wifi hotspot - but is NOT a modem that can can function as a connection point to AT&T's network.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods