Lacie Porsche Design HardDrive

sogaduch

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I just recently purchased a new Macbook Air and with it I purchased a Lacie Porsche Design P'9223 external hard drive. My old router died so I purchased the Airport Extreme without timecapsule, now I am trying to hook the two of them up with time machine. How can I do this so I can backup my new macbook to avoid what happened before to me ( long story)

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
You will have to manually back up your Mac if you didn't buy the Time Machine. Just plug it in via USB every few days and it will back up your Mac in a few minutes.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I just recently purchased a new Macbook Air and with it I purchased a Lacie Porsche Design P'9223 external hard drive. My old router died so I purchased the Airport Extreme without timecapsule, now I am trying to hook the two of them up with time machine. How can I do this so I can backup my new macbook to avoid what happened before to me ( long story)

If you plug the external drive into the back of the Airport, you should be able to use it for Time Machine backups... once the drive is connected to the router (you may need to set the disk up via the Airport utility on your Mac), then open the Time Machine preferences and select that disk as the Time Machine volume. That’s how I run my Time Machine backups and have no issues doing it this way.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2