Time Capsule Access over internet from iphone-ipad

meashishnd

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
hey friens
i want to know about time capsule accessing from iphone and ipad over internet, i have 3tb 4th gen time capsule. 3G network with iphone-ipad

what would i need for it . how can i do it ? i want to access file data from TC if m, going outside of state , country.
have to do any special setup with time capsule have to install any apps. :waiting:

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
As far as I know, your iDevice would have to be seen as 'local' to the TimeCapsule device... and I'm not sure if it can be accomplished - even if you use a VPN to connect to your 'Home' network via the Internet... someone can fill us both in if it's possible at all.

mlg321

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm under the impression you can NOT access file data on a time capsule locally or over WAN using an iOS device. Using the AirPort Utility you can access configuration settings on your LAN. From your computer to access your TC you need to turn "Setup over WAN" to ON and enter your MobileMe/iCloud information in "Back To My Mac".

This is my impression but it's never had much success accessing my time capsule remotely.

noremacyug

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Yes this can be done. Download the remote files app to your ios device (its free). Enable the access from wan on your time capsule, setup a dyndns account and get it setup to update your IP address automatically and then setup the remote files app on your ios device. I'd definitely set your time capsule to use accounts as the login method to provide some security. If you run into probs, let me know.

Blue Shift

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
hey friens
i want to know about time capsule accessing from iphone and ipad over internet, i have 3tb 4th gen time capsule. 3G network with iphone-ipad

what would i need for it . how can i do it ? i want to access file data from TC if m, going outside of state , country.
have to do any special setup with time capsule have to install any apps. :waiting:

I wouldn't recommend enabling WAN access to your time capsule, that's a major security problem.

What files are you specifically trying to access? Dropbox, or something similar may be your best bet, although you can use iCloud for some things (like iWork for instance.)

Mike 7777

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the information, sounds very promising.

Do you happen to know if I can I access any file type or just IoS app files?

tnx

docal97

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
my understanding that the file browser app, while excellent, will not work remotely with 3rd gen or later time capsules, per the company. Not sure of other similar iOS app alternatives? Anyone else have any experiences here?

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox