New AirPort Extreme Base Station, Time Capsule supports Gigabit Wi-Fi: Via iMore Blog

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
New AirPort Extreme Base Station, Time Capsule supports Gigabit Wi-Fi

Not very many people talk about this hardware from Apple which is such a vital piece of hardware for so many uses as a backup device and as a WI-FI router all built into one slick package.

When I came to create a thread about it I was actually amazed that there were none so here is the first. Please take the time to read this article from the writers on the blog that covered this but NO , No stop. there after I post the blog link, Go to the Apple and read the entire tech specs on this surprising device that is versatile to use with any IOS laptop or desktop computer your own.

Blog Link:

New AirPort Extreme Base Station, Time Capsule supports Gigabit Wi-Fi | iMore.com

Apple Link:

[URL="https://www.apple.com/search/AirPort-Time-Capsule-2TB#mn_p]AirPort Time Capsule - 2TB - Apple Store (U.S.)

[/URL]Please come back once you read about this amazing accessory by Apple and give your own opinion about it and how you would would use it now that you know everything there is to know. Thank you all.:)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've had my Apple Time Capsule for a little over 4 years and I really enjoy it. If or when it craps out on me, I won't hesitate to replace it with one of these newer models.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
The new routers are 802.11.ac which get you up to 1 gigabit/second throughput on the 5GHz band... the 802.11.ad will get you up to 7 gigabit/second (using 60GHz) and those products are due to start hitting the store shelves in early 2014. Of course, all of the routers need devices with matching specs to take advantage of the faster speeds on the newer standards.

So unless you’re desperate for a new router, it might be a smart move to wait a bit...

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for your comments. Too bad it Is mainly staff and I can't get members to come in and comment about their own experiences.:)

Did not mean you Fausty :)

Last edited:

sogaduch

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I just purchased this over the weekend and I'm wondering what this 1 in a red circle is beside the station in airport utility?

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for your comments. Too bad it Is mainly staff and I can't get members to come in and comment about their own experiences.:)

Did not mean you Fausty :)

It's still kind of new, looks like only one person has gotten one. I'd like to get one, but I just replaced my whole HVAC system, and while my HTC One supports AC, my goto device, the iPad 4, doesn't.

I would like to know how well it works with iTunes streaming to iPads and ATV.

yoshi351

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Is the airport extreme better then the linksys ea6500? I have it right now and can never get the speed thats good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73