What do domain name renewal prices depend on? Because last year, when I registered domain names, renewal prices were much lower than they are now. Moreover, prices have increased several times. Is it fair? Why didn't the registrar warn about this? I only found out about it now.
    11-09-2021 12:49 PM
    What do domain name renewal prices depend on? Because last year, when I registered domain names, renewal prices were much lower than they are now. Moreover, prices have increased several times. Is it fair? Why didn't the registrar warn about this? I only found out about it now.
    Knowing the registrar would help. I only use first tier Network Solutions and GoDaddy for a few. Network Solutions is the granddaddy and is consistent and quality. You could transfer to another registrar.
    11-09-2021 04:04 PM
    You should ask the registrar these questions.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    11-09-2021 06:34 PM
    When you pay for the domain, or its renewal, you pay the registrar’s employees (even if you don’t interact with one), the registrar’s infrastructure, the registry (and their employees and infrastructure), and the IANA/ICANN (same idea). And all of those costs went up this year.

It’s important to remember that a domain’s existence requires many layers of services (DNS, WHOIS, IPvX routing, etc.) and none of them are free.
    11-10-2021 09:01 AM
    I noticed that the price of domain name renewals is getting higher every year.
    11-25-2021 04:58 PM
    GoDaddy in particular relying on the new customer taking advantage of the 'special offer' pricing.
    But, by year 2, GoDaddy really charge you.

Since my domain was coming up for renewal in December, what I did was moved from GoDaddy to Cloud Flare.
    In doing so, I basically got a year free for my domain registration. Plus, the cost after that, it will still be cheaper than what GoDaddy were going to charge me...
    11-25-2021 07:55 PM