Simply buying a game to play on my smartphone isn’t as fun for “me” as it used to be because of all the embedded ads. It’s bad enough that I have to endure them while watching TV and while waiting for a movie to begin at a theatre. I’ve said before that advertisers are the worst when it comes to respecting one’s choices. Any attempt by people to have an option to view ads or not is quickly defeated. Instead of them finding better way to advertise, they simply make watching ads a part of a service or an app. Why must I have to adjust to their wishes instead of them having to adjust to mine? Oh, and I don’t want to hear that crap about taking food from their table....
    09-10-2017 09:48 AM

Simply buying a game to play on my smartphone isn’t as fun for “me” as it used to be because of all the embedded ads. It’s bad enough that I have to endure them while watching TV and while waiting for a movie to begin at a theatre. I’ve said before that advertisers are the worst when it comes to respecting one’s choices. Any attempt by people to have an option to view ads or not is quickly defeated. Instead of them finding better way to advertise, they simply make watching ads a part of a service or an app. Why must I have to adjust to their wishes instead of them having to adjust to mine? Oh, and I don’t want to hear that crap about taking food from their table....
    Thats what happens when you want "free"
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-10-2017 10:56 AM

Thats what happens when you want "free"
    (Laughing)....but that’s Just it. If an app allows for me to pay for the removal of ads, I gladly pay for it.
    09-10-2017 10:59 AM
    (Laughing)....but that’s Just it. If an app allows for me to pay for the removal of ads, I gladly pay for it.
    Many do, but so many people wanted "free" rather than paying which is why we have ads.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-10-2017 11:10 AM
    I’m the same way.
    As for commercials, I don’t even watch TV anymore because of them. Instead I download the show from TPB. I lived in Europe a few times and one thing I like about how they do their TV shows are you have the show and then the commercials. It’s not like here where the show is broken up into five or six segments per episode with commercials in between segments.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-10-2017 12:40 PM
    The problem is if devs get rid of ads we’ll have to start paying for apps we might not even end up liking. I’d rather be given the chance to download an ad-supported app and try it out before shelling out money.

I really appreciate when ad-supported apps give me the option to get rid of the ads with an IAP. It would be great if Apple started mandating this option.
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    09-10-2017 02:37 PM
    The problem is if devs get rid of ads we’ll have to start paying for apps we might not even end up liking. I’d rather be given the chance to download an ad-supported app and try it out before shelling out money.

I really appreciate when ad-supported apps give me the option to get rid of the ads with an IAP. It would be great if Apple started mandating this option.
    As stated above, I’ll quickly pay for an ad-free app, but my problem is not having the option.
    09-10-2017 02:57 PM
    As stated above, I’ll quickly pay for an ad-free app, but my problem is not having the option.
    I totally agree. Developers get revenue from one of two places. Directly from the consumer or through selling advertising. They should set the price of getting rid of ads so that they make money either way. If a consumer still isn't happy then they shouldn't use the app. I know I won't use an app if the ads are obnoxious and I don't have a reasonable choice to pay to get rid of them. That's the only way to speak out against it clearly. Don't use the app.
    Just_Me_D and TwitchyPuppy like this.
    09-10-2017 03:03 PM