Stanford iTunes U course

bparks115

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Opinions on this course for someone new to programming? I started learning Swift back in June. I complete a couple of Fundamentals of Programming courses on [redacted] and am doing Mark Prices course on Udemy. Would the Standford course be a good supplement? Just curious because it mentions needing some "prerequisites".

Last edited by a moderator:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Opinions on this course for someone new to programming? I started learning Swift back in June. I complete a couple of Fundamentals of Programming courses on [redacted] and am doing Mark Prices course on Udemy. Would the Standford course be a good supplement? Just curious because it mentions needing some "prerequisites".
Maybe. Give it a try and then let us know. In the meantime, maybe a member who is familiar with the course will reply soon.

bparks115

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I've been watching a little here and there. They're all about and hour and 15 minutes long, I usually watch with 1.5x speed.

The course definitely assumes prior computer programming knowledge (which I have none), but I've picked up some useful information to supplement Mark Price's course I'm taking on Udemy.

I guess to answer my own question, it's certainly not hurting me to watch the Stanford lectures. 😁

imccausl

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
I find the Stanford CS courses on iTunes U to be super useful. There's an intro to computation that is especially good. They use Java but the concepts being taught are applicable across languages. Also, Lynda.com has a good course on object oriented programming fundamentals.

DangerousYams

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site
Slightly off topic, but the "How to start a startup" course from Stanford on iTunes U is amazing. Definitely check that out for some inspiration!

cuttheredwire

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
Watch them with a cup of coffee. The one I saw was very informative, but dry. I would just take some notes.

I would like to see an iMore write up on these Swift classes and other resources.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2