Is it possible to create a promo code for In app Purchases?

ladylion262

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
My husband created a new game and am sending it out to potential reviewers. The game is free, but I would like to be able to give away free rockets (our game is difficult and if you die, you go back to the beginning of the world - it is possible to get through the whole game for free, but time consuming and I want to make it easy for reviewers who need to see higher world quickly).

I have tried creating promo codes in itunesconnect - but it seems to only allow you to download the game, no free inapp purchases. I read an article online mentioning that itunes allowed codes for inapp purchases. Has anyone successfully done this?

I searched imore, but only thing I found was an article saying the ability was coming, so I apologize if I've missed a thread about this somehow?

Thank you!

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I think for now your only option is to use TestFlight where the IAP would be in test mode.

The app will also expire in 30 days unless you release a new build to testers.

ladylion262

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
Thanks! I really appreciate that.

I sent the testers the app in test flight. Though it is still too bad that you can't offer people some code for IAP, it would be fun for a giveaway or something fun.

gb_kf

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
It is kind of strange that there is no way to do this, especially since so much of app revenue is from IAP. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you can't do bundles of more than one app's IAP either.

I guess the best way to achieve this is to code your own separate unlock/enable/add currency method that activates with your promo code. I've done that with test versions of my apps to make sure the paid content worked.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner