How can I market an iOS app?

Femi Adeniran

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
App Marketing

Hi, I am new to forums & I'm hoping I can get information on how to market an iOS app in an affordable/free way. Any information would be much appreciated.

I have read about creating a blog, which I have done.
Also about app competitions, but I have not found any I am able to join.
I have also looked into free app promoting company tappx which has been very useful.
I have also used all my social media outlets; facebook, twitter, instagram, etc.

I am looking for more and other ways to promote, thanks.

katy

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: App Marketing

It is complicated, especially for indie developers. You should try to get reviews about your application on popular websites, especially on YouTube from well known app reviewer.

schturdark

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Besides creating blog, you can try to find bloggers that will be interested to cover your app. It is affordable for sure but it will take time because I contact the bloggers one by one.

I develop Catholic apps, so I can only reach Catholic bloggers. Many of them are interested to give the apps I develop a try and review them.

opehyia

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
First, I would like to tell you how impressive it was for me that you were able to create an ios app! Marketing it is another tough venture that I believe you could do. Try using social media platforms because they are truly effective. It's hard to market in free strategy, you should at least spend some bucks in order to gain more possible buyers. Sometimes risks are returned greatly.

DangerousYams

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site
Think about where your target audience hangs out.
Are they all on instagram? Maybe on twitter?
Is there a special interest forum that your audience uses?
Social media is vast
Focus your efforts on the sub-section where your audience can frequently be found.

Which articles and publications would your audience have read?
Reach out to those authors and pitch them your app

Hope this helps