Analytics, ad networks and all the add ons for developers.

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Hello forum,

I would like to ask an open ended question and stimulate a discussion about all the add on libraries that seem to be the fashion of late. I went to a "meet-up" meeting and my ex boss was starting yet another company which was providing yet another in app analytics service, I've put in flurry and chart boost into apps but how does this stuff work or not work out for other developers..? Is there any success stories or things to definitely avoid...? I've put iAds into a couple of apps and get a few dollars occasionally, and I've tried the nokia ad network on Windows Phone, never tried admob or the others but just kind of wondering if there is anything good out there..?

What are your experiences..?

R.

Last edited:

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Don't most of the majors, Apple, Android (Google), BlackBerry, etc, offer their own in house ad network add ons? I'm pretty sure BlackBerry does and I KNOW Google does.

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Don't most of the majors, Apple, Android (Google), BlackBerry, etc, offer their own in house ad network add ons? I'm pretty sure BlackBerry does and I KNOW Google does.

Yes, there is iAds on iOS, Admob on android, etc, etc but there is gold rush of people adding multiplatform approaches
Flurry
Chartboost
Street Hawk
Telerik offered free controls for the first year and then suggest $10,000 sign up, yeah right.
That Nokia one, um supports Symbian, Blackberry, iOS, WP8, droid, etc.. Some company name like interactive.. Doesn't pay out until you get to like $200 and pays you like next to nothing for ads.
There is a company that was offering really ugly web controls for use in mobile apps (um, its a touch device not a web page), was at some mobile developers meetup trying to flog their wares..

I know there are lots of others, and I've not seen anything positive about any of them that didn't come from the marketing dept.

R.