Need some good marketing idea for indie developer.

dreamerdonkey

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I am a newbie iPad game developer. I recently join an iPad game development group, and just like me most of my group members are also don't have much experience.and we don't know anything about marketing iPad and iPhone apps. Though we are able to develop some games and able to put them on iTunes app store. We put them for free because we thought those game will spread our name. But our plan don't work out and after a few days of launching the numbers of download decrease tremendously. I know that our games are not that good but they are not that bad either (if you are curious you can try our game and its 100% add free, here is the link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ball-bubble/id552793339?mt=8&at=10l3Vy ). So I think this is a big forum and its also have some member who develop game and I ask there help. I really need a good marketing policy. Which will fit for indie developer like me. So share your opinion. Any suggestion and feedback is welcome. Thanks in advance.

tawnytodd

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I too go with social networking...or some popular site when we register it asks for capcha or spam question you can add your game in that a small quick play version and add links adjacent to it...
This is my idea..I hope you would have tried major attractive measures hence tried this new way....don't kill me if it's a bad idea..:confused:

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Many of the reviews I've done on my site come from people who have contacted me through Twitter. A few have come from announcements here on iMore.

Gerald McRaney

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
You have to follow some unique promotional techniques to make your app standout. There are large number of ways to increase the growth of your app. So getting a review and PR alone won't help you, you need to do much more than that. So you better seek the help of a App Marketing Company

dreamerdonkey

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. Right now I am working on social media to get some public attention. But the problem is its a tremendously slow process. Gathering Like in Facebook and collecting follower in twitter is really a tedious work. I get only 440 like on my page and only 4 follower in twitter. Social marketing is really a good option but I think it will be much better if I can get some more attention from else where. And one more thing I should include that the group I joined is formed by indie game developer and our financial background is not very good. So getting help from the PR agencies or App Marketing Companies is really not very viable option for us. Thanks again for trying to help me. :D

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73